A List of Big Time Rush’s Best Songs In Honor of Their Comeback

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Big Time Rush is on the comeback, and I am in full support of it. Big Time Rush was formed in 2009 in correlation to their Nickelodeon show by the same name. The group consists of Kendall Schmidt, Logan Henderson, James Maslow, and Carlos PenaVega. The group released three albums: BTR in 2010, Elevate in 2012, and 24/Seven in 2013. The group eventually went on an indefinite hiatus. However, the light on Big Time Rush began to shine again, and in 2021 the group announced a comeback single, “Call It Like I See It“, and a mini-tour. The group tested the waters by stopping in Chicago and New York City in December 2021 while there were some challenges as Kendall caught Covid-19 right before their NYC show, it was one of the best concerts I’ve been to. The group has since released “Not Giving You Up“, and announced the “Big Time Rush: Forever Tour”. With their recent activity, I thought I would let the world know what the actual best Big Time Rush songs are. Enjoy this list of songs that are constantly in my brain. 

• “Paralyzed”

This is in fact their best song. The lyrics, the concept, the dancing, and this episode of the show are absolutely everything. It’s incredibly catchy, has amazing vocals, and it makes me wanna dance with every amount of energy inside my body. I will die on this hill that “Paralyzed”, even though it is not available directly by the band on streaming platforms, it is their best song.

This song only has one negative, it’s too short! This song also features an incredible rap from Mann, and the choreography is one of my favorites. This song has been in my music library since its release, and it will not ever be removed. Also, the video is chef’s kiss.

If Big Time Rush ruled the world there would be peace. This song is incredibly bouncy and the perfect summer jam. This music video shown in the show is also one of my favorites as it is extremely 2012. If I ruled the world I would give it all to you Logan <3.

24/Seven was Big Time Rush’s goodbye album, but there are a ton of bops that go unnoticed. “Like Nobody’s Around” is a prime example of a more lowkey pop song, it’s not overall dramatic and has a clear rhythm. Also, James and Logan back-to-back in the bridge is a girl’s dream.

This song gets a placement because of how emotional it made me seeing it live. Even though the song is not inheritably sad, watching this live at the reunion show with confetti falling (of course) made me extremely happy and grateful. I truly am glad Big Time Rush is finally back to celebrate their success.

I would be a horrible person if I did not include this song. You wanna relive the frat-boy era of Big Time Rush? This is the song for THAT. The song where these boys finally become men, the renaissance of Big Time Rush. This song is such a summer bop and will always be that girl.

If anyone says they don’t like “Boyfriend” just know they’re lying. This song skyrocketed Big Time Rush’s popularity and is still one of the best pop songs in existence.

You will feel the rush when you listen to this, and you will want to live it big time. You gotta go big time, change the world overnight, and give it all ya got to make it in this world. Welcome to the big time, and it’s the only life you got so you gotta live it big time.

Did someone call for a pop ballad? I don’t know what we did as a society to deserve this perfectly matched collaboration, but I thank the universe for this song so much.

This song was one of the first glimpses into Big Time Rush, and they delivered. This song has everything, from amazing lyrics, the iconic James haircut, and a quirky music video. This song is not as pop-like as others, and it’s one of those songs that stays fresh even 12 years later. Also, James’s runs in this song are so good, and the outro makes me lose my mind.

A recent favorite of mine. This song is incredibly cute and shows off the groups vocals and harmonies in a fantastic way. Also, hearing this live is superior.

• Worldwide”

Relax, I would never disrespect “Worldwide” by excluding her! This song is just a perfect ballad. I don’t know if any other group could pull this off. “Worldwide” and “Boyfriend” often fight for the most popular Big Time Rush song, but personally, “Worldwide” takes the cake for me. The lyrics are so comforting, the choreography is one that I could do in my sleep, and the iconic white outfits… this whole concept is just superior. Rightfully so, the video has amassed 158 million views since its release.

Some honorable mentions:

• “Til I Forget About You”
  • “City is Ours”
  • “Love Me Love Me”
  • “Elevate”
  • The entire EP of the Big Time Movie
Hi everyone! I'm Alysa and I am the former Campus Correspondent for HC Pace NYC. I majored in Communication Studies and minored in Sociology & Anthropology and Arts & Entertainment Management. Within my articles you can find everything I love to write including, pop culture, sports, politics, and my personal NYC experiences! Feel free to connect with me on my socials!