Sweet & Spicy: The Best Vegan Restaurants in NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

When exploring the Big Apple, there is delectable cuisine found on every street corner. Whether you are craving Asian, Middle Eastern, Italian, or any other international cuisine, you can find food to satisfy your palate somewhere in New York City. 

In recent years, plant-based diets have taken the world by storm. Foodies everywhere are ditching meat and trying out veggie-centric and meatless meals instead. If you’re vegan, vegetarian, or just want to try something new, there is an abundance of exquisite mouth-watering plant-based food to discover. Nix the animal products without losing any flavor with this list of the best vegan restaurants in NYC.

Caravan of Dreams

Since being founded in 1991, Caravan of Dreams has served the community with peace, love, and good food. When you walk through the doors, the space is decked out with eclectic bohemian decor. Caravan of Dreams is an homage to the hippies who popularized the plant-based movement. The menu is huge, so there is something to satisfy all types of taste buds. “The Lovers Salad” and “Caravan burrito” are their most popular menu items. Each meal is served with real and raw ingredients. Food from Caravan of Dreams doesn’t just taste good, but it makes people feel good too. Check out Caravan of Dreams today! It is located at 405 E. 6th St. 

Buddha Bodai

Located in the heart of Chinatown, Buddha Bodai offers delicious vegan and kosher Asian fusion dishes. They serve exotic foods like vegetarian jellyfish and vegan fried snails and also offer more traditional Asian dishes like vegan dumplings and lo mein. Buddha Bodai has a huge selection of scrumptious plant-based and kosher food options for people with all types of dietary restrictions.

VeganHood

VeganHood in Harlem puts the soul in soul food. Everything on the menu is 100% plant-based and delicious. Some famous comfort food favorites include soy-free mac and cheese, rasta pasta, and an Oreo fudge sundae. VeganHood brings good food and good vibes to the community.

Sweet Chick

Since being founded in Williamsburg, Brooklyn in 2013, Sweet Chick has been known to have the best vegan chicken and waffles on the planet. They are all about scrumptious Southern comfort food with a vegan twist. Sweet Chick’s menu is filled with vegan goodness, like the salted caramel chicken and waffles, buttermilk biscuits, and blueberry muffin waffles. If your mouth is already watering, check out Sweet Chick today! They have locations in Brooklyn, Union Square, Lower East Side, and Los Angeles, CA

Spicy Moon

If you want to add a little spice to your life, come check out Spicy Moon in the West Village. They have a delectable Asian cuisine with an added vegan element. Popular menu items include zen sesame noodles, long hot pepper tofu, and vegetable wonton soup. Spicy Moon is blissful vegan heaven.

her campus at pace university writer, coffee addict, probably listening to lana del ray