Super Bowl LVII: Rihanna’s 13-Minute Concert Featuring The Chiefs and The Eagles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

What’s the Super Bowl without a memorable half-time show performance? In the past, we’ve had performances from famous singers ranging from Beyoncé and Bruno Mars to J.Lo, Michael Jackson, The Weeknd, Maroon 5, Missy Elliott, and many others. Still, this year was devoted to Rihanna, whose musical expertise and product quality are always on point and top-tier. Fans worldwide gathered in the State Farm Stadium in Arizona to watch the season’s biggest NFL (National Football League) game. This year, with RiRi’s performance, the crowd got what they were looking for and were even surprised with an additional pregnancy announcement! Since Rihanna’s first child, fans have been waiting for a new album or new music, and although we did get her latest single, “Lift Me Up” from the Black Panther: Wakanda Forever soundtrack, that still wasn’t enough for fans around the world.

The performance soundtrack and stage production was sheer perfection, and the choreography done by famous choreographer Parris Goebel has been viral on TikTok for a week since the iconic performance. Rihanna’s halftime setlist was piled with some of her most iconic songs, ranging from “B*tch Better Have My Money” to “Rude Boy” and the most iconic, “Umbrella.” The dancers were styled in marshmallow-looking puffer suits, while Rihanna was wearing a red silicone bodysuit (to show off her new baby bump), that was accented with an oversized red trench coat styled overthrow. Although the internet wasn’t quite sure if she was truly pregnant, it has been confirmed, and Rihanna is now expecting baby number two! All aspects of her show have been praised, and even Rihanna’s American Sign Language Interpreter, Justina Miles, gained recognition and fame for her amazing interpretation of the half-time performance.

I would say that the costumes, the setlist, and the overall production quality of Rihanna’s half-time show definitely met the expectations of fans, and will go down in history as one of the best half-time performances of the twenty-first century. Hopefully, future half-time shows will meet the same level of anticipation as this one did. I guess we’ll have to wait to find out. Rihanna’s performance was quite a memorable one…Oh, and the Chiefs won.

Tamara (Tammy) Frieson is a sophomore chapter member at the Her Campus at Pace chapter at Pace University. She is an English Language and Literature major with a concentration in Literature, Culture, and Media, and she also has a double minor in Critical Race and Ethnicity Studies and Journalism and Digital Storytelling. Her writing focuses on fashion, art, beauty, and culture. Beyond Her Campus, Tamara works as a staff writer for the university’s newspaper, The Pace Press, where she writes many student engagement articles covering topics ranging from on-campus events to city-wide art exhibitions. Outside of journalism, she also writes poetry and is the Founder and CEO of her clothing company, Business Ascension Apparel. In her free time, Tammy enjoys taking dance and yoga classes; you will find her reading, journaling, or painting. She’s a skincare enthusiast and chronic bibliophile who loves implementing diversity, equity, and inclusion.