This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

This weekend I visited Storm King Art Center in New Windsor, NY. I’ll start by saying the drive beyond NYC is absolutely worth it but, bring your walking shoes. I had been dying to check out this spot ever since my boyfriend mentioned it. For those of you who have never heard of it, Storm King is a sculpture park upstate expanding across beautiful mountains, hills and fields. Throughout your venture on the property, you’ll come across sculptures of all shapes and sizes. Some smaller than others but, the majority are absolutely massive. You can walk through the park and venture through tree lined paths and ponds or take the tram and get off at the designated stops.

We were awfully ambitious when we started out on foot, taking in all of the scenery both natural and handmade. By the end of the day, we were melted from the sun and decided to take the tram around the park one last time. The rolling hills and fields are unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. The leaves fell beautifully, creating perfect areas to sit in the shade, observe and sketch.

There is an area by the pond which is perfect for a picnic and if you forget to bring lunch there is a café, food truck and small coffee truck on site. I definitely suggest wearing walking shoes and dressing for the weather. Storm King is closed during the winter but re-opens to the public in early spring. Most sculptures you cannot touch but there are a select few that you can interact with. I personally enjoyed this trip because of how large the art was. I feel more often then not we are confined to carefully observing a painting but at Storm King, the art becomes part of the landscape and overall experience. There are some sculptures built into the mountains and one sculpture that is made from the land, creating waves or animal-like spines in the earth. Needless to say, there is endless beauty at Storm King that’s waiting to be appreciated.

Hey guys, my name is Cas. I am a Senior at Pace Univeristy on the NYC campus. I am currently working on a dual degree in Communications and Fine Arts. I've been working with some friends of mine to start up our own creative platform called FUNKNVIBE. It's basically a way for artists, musicians, film makers and any creative minds to collaborate and create. When I'm not volunteering or with my FNV family I'm reading, dancing or working on my latest art piece. I hope to own and design my own publication showcasing the culture around me. I have a personal blog as well as my Her Campus page. I recently started up a blog with FunknVibe so definitely check it out!  I started out as the secretary at for HCPace but moved my way to VP and CC to now President. I love being able to give students on my campus a voice and connect new students to some type of a community. Her Campus has allowed me to organize myself better and find out what goes into running an organization. It's been an absolute joy and I hope for my last year we have one of the best!