Spotlight on Broadway: Motown the Musical

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Looking for something to do this summer in NYC? Why not go to a Broadway show?!  The sensational, upbeat Broadway show, “Motown the Musical” is coming back to Broadway this summer! The show tells the story of how Motown the music genre and company transformed into something huge.

The musical tells the story of Berry Gordy’s personal and professional career and how Motown the label and genre became a hit in 1959. The musical features hit songs by artists such as Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross, The Temptations, Michael Jackson and so on. The musical features hits such as, “Signed, Sealed Delivered”, “My Girl”, “I Want You Back” and so many more!

Get ready to groove to the music and go see this amazing musical when it comes back to Broadway this July at the Nederlander Theatre, located on 208 W 41st Street! Enjoy the show!

Hello! I am a Senior Communications Major with a minor in Arts and Entertainment Management. Some fun facts about me are that I have a twin sister, my favorite place to vacation is Puerto Rico, and I am obsessed with Justin Timberlake!