Sephora Play Box Promotion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

This weekend, ten Sephora locations in Manhattan offered shoppers a free play box with the purchase of $25 or more. As a makeup addict and avid Sephora customer, I had to take them up on that. The Sephora Play Box is a monthly, $10 subscription box that contains five deluxe samples and a bonus perfume sample.

A Breakdown of the Box

This play box was themed around skincare and the proper steps to prime, apply and remove makeup. The first visible item in the box was a pamphlet with a cute, little guide on what steps you should take in your skincare and makeup routine. This subscription box also included a play card with signature black and white Sephora stripes. Every play box comes with one of these cards, which you can bring to a Sephora for a free one-on-one tutorial on planning your personal beauty routine. You can also bring the pass to the register and receive 50 extra beauty insider points with any purchase. Personally, I think the play pass is a unique aspect of their box.

The Products I Received

Underneath the pamphlet is a cute drawstring bag with all your new samples. Mine came with a Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream, Philosophy Purity Cleanser, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, Make Up Forever Aqua XL Waterproof Eye Pencil, Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover and a sample of Miu Miu L’Eau Bleue perfume. Of course all of these products are sample size, but in my opinion, you get a lot out of your ten dollars.

Subscription boxes have always been something I’ve been iffy about because if I’m going to spend ten dollars a month, I want to like all the products I get. With that being said, Sephora’s play box was something I genuinely enjoyed opening and would consider subscribing to. I love the idea of trying sample sizes of high end products for only ten dollars a month and having an idea of what you would and wouldn’t purchase in store.

The Verdict

If you love beauty and are a Sephora customer like myself, I would definitely suggest giving this box a chance. You receive five deluxe samples for ten dollars (around two dollars each) and a bonus perfume sample, a month. You’re also gifted a Sephora play card worth 50 insider points which means even more samples in store. Although it was free, I loved this box and would for sure subscribe in the future.