Life > Experiences

A “See You Soon” Playlist for those Long-Distance Besties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Don’t get me wrong, I love romance and all that gushy stuff just as much as the next girl. I daydream about cute New York dates by the water, dancing in the rain, and kissing on top of the Empire State Building (where you can literally feel the sparks apparently). But, inevitably, I’ve dealt with heartache and disappointment with men a little more than I’d like (which I am sure we can all relate too). I don’t have an intimate relationship to pour out my heart too, like a lot of us out there, and that’s okay! Through it all, there’s been one girl who’s kept me going, even when we are over 2000 miles apart, and that is my best friend: Nya. I wanted to focus on the long-distance friendships, who help you get over those hard breakups, homesickness, and stress of life. Here’s a playlist for all the long-distance best friends, so that they can dance barefoot in the kitchen, sing in the shower, listen on the long drives or plane rides home, get over those stupid ex’s, and still always remember each other.

1. “invisible string” by Taylor Swift

2. “Death By A Thousand Cuts” by Taylor Swift

3. “4EVER” by Clairo

4. “Boys Ain’t Shit” by SAYGRACE

5. “FU” (feat. French Montana) by Miley Cyrus

6. “Beautiful People” (Acoustic) by Ed Sheeran

7. “Real Estate” by Adam Melchor

8. “L-O-V-E” by Nat “King” Cole

9. “Home” by Michael Buble

10. “All Too Well” by Taylor Swift

11. “I Hope It Rains” by Jana Kramer

12. “New Again” by Lee Ann Womack

13. “Butterfly Fly Away” by Miley Cyrus & Billy Ray Cyrus

14. “Left Side” by Eloisa

15. “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” by Taylor Swift

16. “Malibu Nights” by LANY

17. “Tell Your Mom” by Georgia Webster

18. Island in the Sun by Weezer

19. “Dancing Queen” by ABBA

20. “Golden Hour” by Kacey Musgraves

21. “Ends of the Earth” by Lord Huron

22. “Love You For A Long Time” by Maggie Rogers

(My apple music is @ninalhook and if you wanna listen to this playlist it’s called: see u on November 24th!)

These songs remind me of Nya. Whether they represent our friendships, struggles or our dreams, we share them together and I hope sharing them with you gives you some hope and happiness, too! Whether you make your own playlist or take a listen to mine, making playlists for the besties that are miles away can really bring you closer, no matter the land or sea in between.

coffee drinking, Taylor Swift loving, crazy dancing, book reading, nyc dreaming twenty year old student!! (as kindly described by her bestie Katie)<3