This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Get out your scarves, it’s time to cry. As Taylor Swift continues to bless our ears with the re-recorded versions of her original masters, there hasn’t been an album (since Reputation) with this much secrecy surrounding it. We currently know very little about Red (Taylor’s Version) besides the 30 songs on the tracklist. Swift has released very little about Red (TV), with no lead single to hold us over until the fateful release day. This release differs extremely from Fearless (Taylor’s Version), where she continued to give us information and a lead single to get us all talking. The last thing Swift announced about Red (TV) was the change of release date from November 19 to November 12, giving us less time to prepare for sad girl fall. Of course, we also have the fan theories, which Swifties are notorious for

We’re going to start with Swift’s 2021 Halloween costume; a squirrel. Even though Taylor’s original release of Red was nine years ago, her choice of costume for this year has a big connection to it. The lead single for the original release of Red was “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” accompanied by an innovative music video that consisted of quick costume changes and shot in one long shot with no pauses. That video begins with Swift in squirrel pajamas (which were sold for “13 Days of Taylor” in 2012, and which I still have in my bedroom). Her costume this year could be a call back to that video, possibly hinting at a single release (which is probably unlikely) or even a new video for “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.” Filming equipment was spotted being loaded into her New York City apartment, making this a very probable theory.

This next one puzzled even me, a veteran Swiftie. Swift broke the internet the day she decided to join TikTok, making fans all over the world jump on the app to try and get noticed. While some of her TikToks have just been her being her goofy self, one of her most recent videos may have included a lyric drop from a vault track. Swift posted a video captioned “Basic autumn lovers RISE,” showing off the many fall related items she owns, from dresses to shoes and stockings. But one frame showed her writing in a notebook. Taylor wrote out, “Just between us, did the love affair maim you too?” The frame is short, but it made many people question where the words came from. With nine tracks on Red, there is a very big possibility that these are lyrics to one of the vault tracks that will be released on November 12. Swifties have dove deep into the internet, searching every corner for where these words could have come from, and nothing came up. We’ll most likely be seeing these lyrics in one of the vault tracks that we have all been just dying to hear.

It was also announced that Swift will be the SNL musical guest on November 13, just one night after the Red (TV) release. Swifties (including myself) have already begun to plan out when and where they’re camping out for the chance to be able to see her after such a long period of isolation. Taylor has also released the “Red (Taylor’s Version) Album Collection,” which is now available on her website. Including the infamous “All Too Well” scarf as well as the Red ring, this collection is packed with all of your Taylor Swift fall essentials. Make sure to stream Red (Taylor’s Version) on November 12, 2021!

she/they marvel and taylor swift stan with a love for fashion, films, and fanfiction