Ranking Ariana Grande’s Albums

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

If there’s one thing you should know about me, it is that I love Ariana Grande. I mean how can you not love her? Her music is actual therapy for me, I can’t explain it. So I have decided to rank her albums from favorite to least favorite. Don’t get me wrong I love all of her music (it’s literally on 24/7); but I do have some albums that I prefer over others. What are my qualifications for this? I have been in her top 0.001% of monthly listeners for a couple of years in a row. Yes, that I am bragging lol. Also, this is subject to change! This is my ranking from best to worst as of now.

Positions

Y’all are sleeping on Positions!! I do not understand how everyone cannot appreciated this album. I won’t lie when I first listened to this album when it dropped, I only liked a few songs. However, the more I listened to it, the songs kept growing on me. The vocal production, the vocal range, the mix of pop and r&b, this album is too good. “Just like magic”, “My hair”, “Worst behavior”, “Obvious” are just some of the best songs off this album. I think this album has some of the best lyrics. The way she connects back to her old songs, both lyrically and musically, is phenomenal. Please go listen to this album. It is so under appreciated, and I cannot stress that enough!

Sweetener

Now I know Sweetener is a favorite for most. She was my favorite too… until Positions came out. However, I still appreciate this album a lot. I will say I think that this is her best produced album. Personally, I think this album changed the way Ariana makes music and helped her find her sound. I resonate with this album a lot of I think she did an amazing job of writing great music, but also putting in a great message.

Dangerous Woman

This was the album the really got me into Ariana. It totally redefined her image and skyrocketed her popstar status. This album is full of songs that I want to dance my heart out, scream at the top of my lungs, and blast while driving with the windows down. However, the reason why this album is so high is because are ALL of the underrated songs on this album. “Leave Me Lonely”, “Touch it”, “Sometimes” are so underrated. Honestly, I will not forgive Ariana for calling Touch It boring. Nevertheless, all of the songs make the album amazing, and this album is super nostalgic for me, which is why it’s number 3.

Thank U, Next

I know a lot of people like this album, but I find myself going back to the top three more. I think that this album is beautiful and is very helpful for a lot of people, but as of right now I can’t relate to it. I will say that this tour was superior, and the looks were also top-notch. There are several hits on this album, and it had a great cultural impact. The end of “In My Head” … not talked about enough! Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate this album. I think once I go through a breakup this album will mean more.

My Everything

This album is also great, but it’s very commercial. It does have some of her greatest hits, but it’s giving local. However, the songs on here that are not as well know are amazing! “Only 1”, “Best Mistake”, “Hands on Me”, “Be My Baby” are too good and deserve more recognition. There’s nothing wrong with it, I just prefer other albums than this once.

Yours Truly

Yours Truly is such a cute album, but I rarely listen to this album. I have nothing against it, but I typically have to be in the mood to listen to this. However, every time I do listen to this album, I always remember how good it is. If there is one thing that Ariana has been doing, it is that she has been making great music since day one. However, “Right There” and “Tattooed Heart” will always be on repeat.

PK Kennedy is an active member within Her Campus at Pace. They are a social media assistant and help oversee Her Campus at Pace’s Pinterest account and write weekly articles focusing on, but not limited to, local events, music, and film/television pieces. Outside of Her Campus, PK is a senior at Pace University (NYC) and is majoring in Communications and Media Studies with a double minor in Digital Marketing and Arts and Entertainment Management. Recently, PK has been delving into multiple social media and design platforms to further their knowledge about digital marketing. During this school year, and beyond graduation, they hope to continue to learn more about photoshop and video editing software. Beyond school, PK enjoys listening and discovering new music, enjoying a cup of coffee and a sweet treat, having hour-long conversations about Star Wars and/or Marvel. If not doing any of the items listed above, PK is most definitely “rotting” in bed and gaining more knowledge about astrology and rewatching their favorite movie/TV shows again.