Profile: Amanda Barone ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Name: Amanda Barone

Year: Junior

Major: Economics

Minor(s): Marketing and Statistics

Hometown: Lake Ronkonkoma, NY

Zodiac Sign: Taurus

What is your favorite thing to do in the city?

My favorite thing to do when I’m in the city is try new food. Whether it’s takeout or a trendy restaurant, I’m always open to trying new eats!!

Who do you look up to?

Someone I looked up to very much and wish I had more time with is my grandmother. She passed away when I was young but I remember her well. No one who knew her ever had anything bad to say about her. She was one of those people who lived to do for others. I hope to be a lot like her.

What is one thing you’ve learned from living, working, and studying in Manhattan?

A huge learning lesson I will take away from my time in the city is that people will not always agree with you and their opinion isn’t wrong just because its different than mine. I’ve become much more open minded and I can thank Manhattan for that.

What is your latest baking endeavor?

Anyone who knows me knows I love to bake. Last weekend I made chocolate cookies stuffed with thin mints! They were good but too rich for me, I could only have one. Those were more of an experiment for me. I constantly get requests from friends and family to make my cookies and cream cookies! My secret is cream cheese in the batter ;)

What do you hope to do with your economics degree?

My dream job is to be a data analyst for an advertising agency. I love the idea of forecasting in a creative field and there is actually a ton of math behind marketing! I’ve always been an analytical thinker and econ. increased my ability to use math to analyze situations.

Pet peeve: LOUD CHEWERS

Hey guys, my name is Cas. I am a Senior at Pace Univeristy on the NYC campus. I am currently working on a dual degree in Communications and Fine Arts. I've been working with some friends of mine to start up our own creative platform called FUNKNVIBE. It's basically a way for artists, musicians, film makers and any creative minds to collaborate and create. When I'm not volunteering or with my FNV family I'm reading, dancing or working on my latest art piece. I hope to own and design my own publication showcasing the culture around me. I have a personal blog as well as my Her Campus page. I recently started up a blog with FunknVibe so definitely check it out!  I started out as the secretary at for HCPace but moved my way to VP and CC to now President. I love being able to give students on my campus a voice and connect new students to some type of a community. Her Campus has allowed me to organize myself better and find out what goes into running an organization. It's been an absolute joy and I hope for my last year we have one of the best!