This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Donald Trump. 45th President of the United States. Perpetuator of inequality. Frequent Twitter user. America’s resident delusionist. First president in 30 years to not win re-election. Donald Trump has stated that he would not leave office quietly, but what we were not informed of was that he would not lose quietly. I’m sure we all could have assumed that Trump was going to blow up Twitter and consistently try to show how “fraudulent” democrats are. 

On November 3rd, 2020, millions across the United States voted in person and the race began. The following day President Trump, always the tweeter, prematurely told his followers, “I will be making a statement tonight. A big WIN!” The tweet insinuated that President Trump was going to be making an acceptance speech that night even though many states had votes yet to be counted and, now President-Elect, Joe Biden was leading in not only the popular vote but also the electoral votes. 

President Trump continued to tweet throughout the day, spewing falsities and his own “fake news” to try and rally his supporters to anger. One tweet claimed Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina, and Michigan extremely early, claiming he had a big lead in those states. The reporting percentages of those states were all under 80% at the time of the tweet, with states like Pennsylvania having yet to count their 1.5 million mail-in and early voting ballots. Since that tweet, all four of the “claimed” states have turned blue in support of Biden. 

One of Trump’s biggest stops in trying to throw the election in his favor was to try and stop states from counting votes. Michigan and Pennsylvania were two of the states that the Trump administration tried to sue to get them to stop counting ballots. Trump tweeted for states to “STOP THE COUNT!” as things continued to fall into Joe Biden’s favor. Another famous tweet states, “How come every time they count Mail-In ballot dumps they are so devastating in their percentage and power of destruction?” As if President Trump was unaware that not everyone was going to vote for him. 

Trump continued tweeting all day on the 5th, stating false claims that he had won states that still had yet to finish counting and that ballots seemed to be appearing from thin air. On November 6th, Trump tweeted saying “Joe Biden should not wrongfully claim the office of the President. I could make that claim also. Legal proceedings are just now beginning!” Going back through President Trump’s Twitter feed up until that point, he himself had falsely and prematurely claimed he had already won a total of 4 separate times. 

Most of November 7th was taken up by inaccurate retweets and another inaccurate claim of victory stating, “I WON THIS ELECTION BY A LOT!” when in fact he was still losing most states that he needed. Trump also claimed to have received 71 million legal votes, the most of any sitting President, yet as of November 8th, he only has 70.8 million votes. Almost 5 million less than President-Elect Joe Biden, who has received the most votes of any presidential candidate in history. 

As of writing this article, Donald Trump’s most recent tweet states, “Since when does the Lamestream Media call who our next president will be? We have all learned a lot in the last two weeks!” The only thing I’ve learned in the past two weeks is that we as a country allowed this man’s ego to inflate so much that now he believes he is above everything. We have allowed this man to lead for too long and even though Joe Biden is to be our new president, the fight is not over, it never will be. Continue to fight, speak out, and stand up so we never have to deal with another four years of insanity such that we just endured.

Christina Guy is Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Pace! She oversees the running of the chapter, all of its inner workings, hosts meetings, and more. She also consistently writes articles for Her Campus at Pace and has for 3 years now. Outside of Her Campus, Christina works in childcare as a summer camp counselor and a seasonal lead teacher. She is a History major and has a minor in Sociology/Anthropology. She is a First Year Experience peer leader and an education TA. Christina has submitted personal pieces to several small literary magazines since high school and continues to do so. Christina hopes to become a museum curator one day or work within museum education. On her own, Christina loves to write fiction, listen to music, and read. She is also a huge Star Wars fan and often writes articles pertaining to the subject. Christina is also a co-host of her own on-campus radio show called Sunday Scaries. Christina is also an expert in all things history and 5 Seconds of Summer. Two very different subject areas, but she is proficient in each nonetheless! She is also very passionate about 70s aesthetic and fashion and hopes to be able to completely embody the full 70s look one day.