This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

I recently visited Philadelphia for a psychology conference and tried some of the BEST food!

Here is my guide to eating in the city of brotherly love:

1. Beiler’s Donuts: Located inside the Reading Terminal Market and made fresh daily, this place is legendary! Beiler’s donuts have been handmade generation after generation. At only $1 a piece, I couldn’t help but stock up on harvest apple, key lime, Oreo crème, and coconut custard donuts! This is a must for any trip to Philly.
  1. The Green Eggs Café: With three cash-only locations across Philly, this spot is a must for brunch. The portions are huge, so dishes definitely end up as take-home meals. They make decadent french toast, pancakes, and chicken and waffles. I had the salted caramel banana stuffed french toast, with caramel crème cheese filling, banana chips, and fresh bananas. I also tried my friend’s dish, the famous “kitchen sink,” with eggs and sausage covered in cheese and topped with two homemade biscuits and sausage gravy. Make sure you save room for this spot, don’t overeat throughout the day otherwise you won’t be able to enjoy this huge meal!
  1. The Continental Martini Bar: With dim lighting and olive chandeliers, this restaurant has a relaxed atmosphere and great food. Everything is a shareable size, which means you can try a little bit of everything! My friend and I shared crab pad thai, and lobster mac and cheese – two totally different seafood dishes that actually went so well together. So yummy!
  1. Milk Boy: A restaurant and bar with live music – what more could you want from one location! This spot has a homey feel accompanied by great food. They offer an interesting array of “snacks,” sandwiches, bowls, and fries. I had classic chicken nachos which were great. Milk Boy is definitely a great place for cheap food with friends!
I am an elementary education and special education major with a minor in psychology at Pace University. I love singing, playing the guitar reading, writing, shopping, and eating. My dream in the world is to help kids with special needs and be there beacon of hope as well as to travel a lot to see what the world has to offer!