This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Arguably one of the most popular family vacation destinations on the globe, Disney World is host to a variety of events, food, and of course, theme parks. The four parks each host something special, however, people tend to have their favorites. Here is my ranking of the four Disney World Parks. 

1. Hollywood Studios

Three words: Rock ‘n’ Roller coaster. Hollywood Studios is a longtime favorite for many reasons. It’s aesthetically pleasing, with the old Hollywood theme prominently carried throughout the park. It is also host to my two favorite rides, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. The food is also amazing. It’s classic Americana. But this park is not just home to thrilling and heart-stopping rides. Live shows such as the Frozen Sing-Along and Beauty and the Beast are perfect for taking a break from the attractions and hot Florida weather. Finally, Hollywood Studios is also the perfect place for any Star Wars fans. Now I’ll admit I’ve never seen any of the movies, but it seriously feels like you are stepping onto a film set. Overall, I feel like this park would be at the top of a lot of people’s lists if it was not overshadowed by Magic Kingdom. 

2. Magic Kingdom 

When visitors only have one day to explore Disney World, they tend to choose Magic Kingdom—and rightfully so. It is practically the poster child of the Disney franchise. Cinderella’s castle which sits at the end of Main Street is a must-do photo op and this park is also home to some of my other favorite attractions like Space Mountain and Splash Mountain (yes, lots of mountains). Plus, Magic Kingdom also hosts their iconic firework display each night which is something all visitors should experience. Even though there’s a lot to love, I just couldn’t put this park at the top of this list. This park is often the most crowded and packed with some of the longest wait times for rides such as the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. However, Magic Kingdom holds a lot of nostalgia and memories that cannot be replaced, so it still ranks toward the top. 

3. Epcot

I was very tempted to put Epcot above Magic Kingdom, but I just couldn’t do it. Besides Soarin’, Test Track, and Mission Space, this park does not have too many stand out rides or attractions in my opinion. However, it does boast beautiful topiary gardens and floral displays any time of year, but especially during their Flower and Garden Festival. And don’t miss out on country hopping or drinking around the world. Personally, France and Norway are my favorite spots. Epcot is a great way to travel the globe without ever leaving one park. And it is true, the Epcot ball is indeed the prettiest girl in school. 

4. Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom is technically tied with Epcot in my opinion. Expedition Everest is a must-do attraction, and the Safari tour makes you feel as if you have left Florida all together. And Avatar Flight of Passage is most definitely worth the 3 hours wait. Yes, you heard that right—three hours. As you walk through this park, keep an eye out for various exotic animals and plants. Animal Kingdom does not feel like an amusement park at all, but rather a jungle with all of its lush greenery. It also is host to amazing food and grab-and-go restaurants, so not many reservations or dining plans are needed in this park specifically. Even though I do think Animal Kingdom is definitely underrated and I wish I could rank it higher, I personally love thrilling attractions with lots of action so this park is ranked at the bottom for me. 

Every visitor will have their own unique experience at Disney World, so everyone’s rankings of these parks vary. But no matter the reason for visiting the parks, each guest will be sure to have a magical experience and make memories that will last a lifetime—young or old. 

Originally from Cape Cod Massachusetts, Arianna is a junior at Pace University majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in Digital Storytelling and Journalism. Besides writing, she loves reading, hanging out with friends, and traveling!