This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

One thing I love about going to school in the Financial District of Manhattan is the close proximity to my favorite neighborhood, Chinatown. Chinatown is known for having amazing and affordable food that you can sit down and enjoy or just grab on the go. While walking around on a cold New York City day, I stumbled upon what has got to be my favorite ‘hole-in-the-wall’ restaurant thus far. E Noodle Chinatown has become one of my favorite places to eat and will always be a place I recommend to my friends. 

From the outside, E Noodle looks like any other takeout restaurant, with a small storefront and a counter separating the kitchen from the right side of the entrance. Towards the back, a door opens up into a small restaurant setting with colorful cartoons covering the walls. This is just half of the experience. 

The menu is full of options, even offering some vegetarian choices. It includes a long list of dumplings, spring rolls, fried rice, congee, lo mein, dumpling soups, and, most importantly, noodles. The prices on the menu are extremely reasonable for the amount of delicious food that will soon be on the table. As a college student, this is something I greatly appreciate. No matter what you’re in the mood for, rest assured that something on E Noodle’s menu will pique your interest. 

As a pescatarian, it delights me to see vegetarian options with a good protein source on the menu. While I have tried most of E Noodle’s vegetarian options, there is one thing I always come back to without fail and that is the curry tofu noodle soup. The tofu comes separately from the noodle soup in a bowl filled with curry sauce and mixed in potatoes. The noodle soup arrives in its own bowl, complete with scallions. I often find myself adding chili oil to the noodle soup for some extra flavor, but it’s not necessary with the amount already being given through the curry tofu. This meal is beyond comforting to me, and I find myself coming back time and time again just for another taste. 

Aside from their vegetarian options, the appetizers are another highlight on their menu. The shrimp spring rolls are delicious and burst with flavor, but my favorite appetizer is the steamed rice rolls. The rice rolls are complete with the most delicious peanut sauce which is the highlight of the dish. I cannot stop in E Noodle without adding the rice rolls to my order. 

While at E Noodle, you’ll be treated with great service. The employees are extremely attentive and friendly. Waiters and waitresses are always tending to your needs and making sure to fill your hot tea cup if you’re running low. If you ever find yourself in Chinatown and are looking for a new favorite restaurant, I couldn’t recommend E Noodle enough.

Madison Wolff is the treasurer at the Her Campus at Pace Chapter. She oversees the financial status of the chapter as well as financial opportunities. She also assists with socials, marketing, and creating a good HC community on the campus. Aside from Her Campus at Pace, she is a sales associate at Orangetheory Fitness where she is tasked with problem solving, critical thinking, and keeping a positive outlook. In her past she has been the Editor-in-Chief for a small magazine where she had to run social media and keep groups of people working efficiently together towards a common goal. She is studying Communication and Media Studies as well as Graphic Design at school. She hopes to one day work in the Public Relations field. In her free time, Madison enjoys creating playlists, go on runs, studying up on things to increase her wellness, and taking Orangetheory classes. She enjoys rewatching her favorite shows are Sex and the City and Game of Thrones. You can find Madison stuck in October out of the remaining 11 months in the year.