Merry Gleemas! A List of ‘Glee’ Christmas Episodes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

If you’re anything like me, once the clock struck midnight on Nov. 1, you started to get into the holiday spirit. And if you’re reading this right now, I’m assuming you’re also like me and you’re a massive gleek (guilty as charged) looking for some Glee Christmas episodes to watch. Well, you’ve come to the right place. I’ve provided you with a list of all four Glee Christmas episodes, to help you get into the “Gleemas” spirit.

Season 2, Episode 10 – “A Very Glee Christmas”

My personal favorite! In this episode, the Glee Club wants to give back and raise money for children in need, but the Cheerios coach and Glee Club’s worst enemy, Sue Sylevester, tries to get in the way of that. While that’s going on, the Glee Club also has another problem to solve when Brittany S. Pierce asks Santa Claus to help Artie Abrams walk again for Christmas. Some of the songs performed in this episode are “Baby, It’s Cold Outside”(performed by Blaine Anderson and Kurt Hummel), “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” (performed by Will Schuester), and “Last Christmas” (performed by Finn Hudson and Rachel Berry, which just so happens to be one of my favorite Glee Cast versions of all time).

Season 3, Episode 9 – “Extraordinary Merry Christmas”

Unlike the first Christmas episode, Sue Sylvester shows character development in this episode and wants the Glee Club to volunteer with her at a homeless shelter for the holidays. The group agrees until Artie Abrams is asked to direct a holiday special with the Glee Club. Members of the club have to make a decision of whether to give back to others or give the world a holiday special. Songs performed in this episode include “All I Want For Christmas Is You” (performed by Mercedes Jones and the New Directions), “Santa Baby” (performed by Santana Lopez), “Let It Snow” (performed by Blaine Anderson and Kurt Hummel), and finally “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” (performed by the New Directions).

Season 4, Episode 10 – “Glee, Actually”

Like the movie Love Actually, in the third Glee Christmas episode, different stories involving different characters are combined. There’s Artie Abrams, who has a strange dream about what life would be like if the Glee Club never existed; Kurt Hummel and Blaine Anderson celebrate Christmas with Kurt’s father, Burt Hummel; Noah Puckerman and his brother, Jake Puckerman, celebrate Hanukkah; and Brittany S. Pierce and Sam Evans prepare for the world ending. This episode includes holiday songs like “Feliz Navidad” (performed by Artie Abrams and the New Directions), “White Christmas” (performed by Blaine Anderson and Kurt Hummel), “Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah” (performed by Jake Puckerman and Noah Puckerman), “Jingle Bell Rock” (performed by Sam Evans and the Cheerios), “The First Noël” (performed by Marley Rose), and “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” (performed by Kurt Hummel, Noah Puckerman, and the New Directions). 

Season 5, Episode 8 – “Previously Unaired Christmas”  

This episode was hidden by Fox, hence the name “Previously Unaired Christmas” and follows “Glee, Actually.” In Lima, Ohio, the Glee Club is gearing up for a Christmas decorating competition, while also preparing for a living nativity scene. While in New York, Rachel Berry gets Kurt Hummel, Santana Lopez, and herself part-time jobs at Santa Land in the mall. Some of the holiday songs included in this episode are “Here Comes Santa Claus ” (performed by Kurt Hummel, Rachel Berry, and Santana Lopez), “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” (performed by the New Directions and Will Schuester), and lastly, “Away in a Manger” (performed by Kurt Hummel, Rachel Berry, Santana Lopez, and the New Directions).

I’ve been meaning to do a Glee rewatch, and what better time than the holidays! Between the song choices to the plots of each Christmas episode, they never fail to get me into the holiday spirit. I mean, just writing this made me want to get in some Christmas pajamas, make a cup of hot chocolate, and put one of these episodes on. Glee is available on many different streaming sites like Hulu, Disney+, and Amazon Prime Video. 

Kelly Danko is a member of Her Campus at Pace. She has been a member of Her Campus at Pace since her freshman year and contributes by writing articles for her Her Campus chapter. Beyond Her Campus, Kelly works as a Team Leader for Jumpstart, a program that’s mission is to prepare preschool children for Kindergarten. With Jumpstart, Kelly manages a team of other Corps Members and gets them prepared for their weekly sessions in the preschool. She is currently a junior at Pace University's New York City campus, majoring in Early Childhood and Childhood Education with a concentration in English. She strives to be a preschool teacher when she graduates and hopes to pursue her master’s degree in Special Education. In her free time, Kelly enjoys listening to music, reading, and going to concerts. She has attended 46 concerts throughout her life and 20 of those concerts were Harry Styles concerts! She also loves Taylor Swift, the two of them being her favorite artists. When school is not in session, you can find her at her second home: her grandparent’s summer place down at the Jersey Shore where she likes to hang out with friends and go to the beach.