Style

Meghan Markle’s Best Maternity Moments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Prince Harry’s marriage to actress Meghan Markle in May was certainly a surprise as it shook up the royal family.  Meghan Markle marrying into the royal family was a seminal moment because she is not from the traditional background that one expects a British Royal to mix with.  So, it is safe to say that their union is based on love—regardless of norms and tradition. Meghan Markle has certainly made history because of her modest background compared to Harry’s previous partners.  She is a woman of color, she was married once before and she was also raised by a single mom. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s marriage was THE marriage the world was waiting for.

Ever since the Duke and Duchess of Sussex officially announced they were expecting their first child, we knew that Meghan Markle’s maternity wardrobe would be nothing short of polished perfection.  With a perfect combination of neutral colors, satins, and asymmetrical details, the Duchess’s wardrobe is certainly living up to our expectations so far. All eyes are on the Duchess of Sussex as she travels around Australia, Fiji, the Kingdom of Tonga, and New Zealand on a 16-day autumn tour with her husband, and she has been stunning all of us with her picture-perfect wardrobe.  Here’s a glimpse of all the looks we are LOVING.

1.) The Classic White Dress:

The royal couple’s first day on the autumn tour took place in Sydney, Australia.  Meghan Markle arrived in a classic white dress. Meghan also chose to accessorize with a pair of butterfly earrings and a bracelet, which had belonged to the late Princess Diana, a sweet and thoughtful touch to the look.

Though this was a simple (risk-free) choice for the Duchess, it was nothing short of delicate and refined elegance.  After all, the key to a polished look is a perfect fit, which this look was nothing short of.

The original dress is designed by Australian designer Karen White.  This timeless classic costs 972 pounds ($1,800). Although the Duchess broke the website after selling out the day after she wore it, you can still find a similar piece from Boohoo so you can channel your inner Duchess.

2.) The Burberry Trench:

Royal staffers packed a few jackets for the Dutch and Duchess’ trip to chilly New Zealand, and we are absolutely loving this styling choice. This mum to be does not disappoint with her classic cuts and on-point tailoring, which certainly came into play with this iconic trench and tailored dress. This fitted cream Brandon Maxwell midi dress supported her newly-formed bump perfectly, matching well with an iconic Burberry Trench Coat and a pair of Stuart Weitzman Legend pumps. I found the perfect similar piece for this trench from Forever 21.  

The former actress is a fan of Burberry coats, as she wore a gorgeous plaid coat during her trip to Scotland back in February.   The original coats over two thousand dollars on Net-A-Porter, but I found the perfect style deal from Zac Posen on Nordstrom Rack for just under $40.  

3.) The Borrowed Jacket:

Though this pick is more casual than the previous, Meghan Markle’s look on her last day in New Zealand is definitely a favorite.  The Duchess of Sussex wears simple black skinny jeans from Mother Denim, a Givenchy blouse and black flats by Birdies when she and Harry went for a walk in the forest.  However, the star of the outfit is a comfortable puffer jacket from a Scandinavian brand Norrona, which she adorably borrowed from her husband (so cute!) Meghan Markle’s puffer jacket is the only piece of outerwear we want to wear this fall. Meghan is here to prove that finding a cute jacket for the cold weather does not have to be a struggle and there is nothing she can’t look absolutely AMAZING in.

Keep up with her on her Instagram @therealclaudian.