Meet Pace University’s New HC Treasurer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Meet Abby, HC Pace’s newest e-board member! She will be taking over the position of treasurer in Spring 2018.

Name: Abigail Florence Elliott (Abby)

Age: 19

Major/Minor: Marketing, with a minor in Fashion Marketing

Year: Sophomore (Transfer) 

Hometown: Avon, Connecticut

Zodiac Sign: Pisces (March 16, 1998)

Why Pace? I’ve loved New York City since I first visited when I was seven; I always told myself I’d end up moving here. When I was looking at colleges, I found Pace; I loved that the city is the campus! It feels like I just live in the city, and going to college isn’t the only thing I’m doing.

Besides Her Campus, what are you involved in at Pace? I am also a Peer Advocate for the Peer Advocates Against Sexual Assault (PAASA), which is an organization on campus that helps raise awareness and supports survivors of sexual assault. I am also involved in Pro-Fashionals, which is a club for students who want to work on the business side of the fashion industry. I’m also an active member of the Residence Hall Association (RHA), which plans events for residents of Pace.

Short-Term Goals: I really want to get a few internships and figure out where I want to work when I graduate. I have an idea of what I want to do, but I feel that gaining experience will solidify the path I decide to take.

Long-Term Goals: I have always loved the fashion industry, but I have also felt it wasn’t a viable career for me. I recently realized that if I love it, I should go for it! Now, I’ve started to really work towards getting into fashion. I hope to work on the business side of the fashion industry. My ideal career would be working at a fashion magazine.

Fun Fact: I’m not going to lie, I couldn’t answer this one so I asked my friends! They said that I’m really good at finding lost items. Anytime anyone loses anything, they ask me to find it, and I always do.

Who or what inspires you? This is going to sound really cliche, but my mom is my biggest inspiration. She got really sick when I was in high school, and she handled it really well. She could have used it as an excuse, and I wouldn’t have blamed her. Instead, she made it her mission to make it seem like she was okay. Even though she can’t really do as much as she used to, my mom makes anything we do together feel special. If she could do everything with the illness she has, then I can do anything I set my mind to. I also like to think about how when I was little, I would have killed to be where I am now. I constantly remind myself that there are not a lot of people with the opportunities that I have, living in New York!

Junior at Pace University Major: Economics Minors: Marketing and Statistics Interests: baking cookies, binge-watching Grey's, petting dogs, and window shopping my way through Manhattan.