This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Senior year. It feels weird knowing that this is my final year in school unless, of course, I decided to get my masters in the future. Thinking about everything I plan on doing as well as the surprises to come excites me. My fall semester is encompassed with an internship with exciting opportunities, courses that are more interesting than not, travel plans and a new responsibility as President and CC for Her Campus at Pace.

Together, plus the stress of balancing a job, these tasks will be challenging. My free time will be spent bettering myself and making memories with my friends in the greatest city – New York City.

Now that I can officially say I am set for this semester to being (thank you to the advising office for helping me get out of Spanish), I am ready to dig in and expand my horizons. My main goal for this year aside from making my rent payments consists of helping others as much as they have helped me.

This has led to a lot of reflection as to how I got here. I have had a unique university experience, completing two years as a junior and senior in high school, which has left me with only two years actually in school. In addition to that, I took a gap year to travel which broadened my horizons preparing me the infamous city that never sleeps. Since I enrolled at Pace University, my skills and professionalism have skyrocketed immensely. 

This next year is full of endless opportunities for me as well as you, who is taking their time to read this article. Take every chance you get and never give up; even if you have to get creative to do so.

My name is Kylie Geatz. While I work towards a career in the music industry, I enjoy my time spent living in NYC exploring, drinking too much coffee, and attending different events/concerts. Feel free to reach out and comment on any of my articles on any of my social media accounts (@altkylie)!