This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Hello! Hello! Hello! Hope you caught that RuPaul’s Drag Race reference which easily reveals how much of an avid watcher I am. This is Kristine Luna speaking as your new Her Campus Editor at Pace University for the 2018-2019 school year! This year is particularly significant for me since it’s my senior year-the final stretch-so I’m really looking forward to my leadership duties so I can end this year with a bang. For those who need a little introduction, I’m a Communications major at the Pace NYC campus and double minoring in Marketing and Arts & Entertainment Management so yes, I definitely in the entertainment industry either through journalism, marketing, public relations, booking-basically anything that gets me into the industry that I grew up enamored with. Although originally born in New Jersey, I largely grew up in Texas so I have a pretty good balance of being a East Coaster and Southerner. Another good balance is my ethnicity which is Filipino-Ecuadorian which is pretty amazing in terms of culture fusion (especially the bomb food). My major interests include music either discovering new artists, attending live events, or reading up on the latest news. Fun fact: my preferred genre is K-Pop mainly because of the variety of talents these idols attain to enhance the experience. Also I really do enjoy dressing up: may not be editorial or NYFW worthy outfits but dressing up helps channel my hidden confidence and as a reserved person, I prefer to let my clothes do the talking. And as a senior, I’m currently suffering with up to my neck in readings, group projects, internship work, and side job but it’s all part of the grind for senior year for a chill final semester, that glorious degree, and achieving the millennial dream of sealing a job after graduation (bonus if it’s a dream job).

But enough of my personal life. As this year’s editor of Pace’s Her Campus Chapter, I look forward to working with more lovely writers who are dedicated to creating and sharing content not only with the Pace community but the general public as well. Joining this club will definitely help you build your resume with new skills, a published portfolio, and maybe even a new networking opportunity (since adulthood is just around the corner for me). I can’t wait to meet the new editorial team and their ideas to improve our chapter and help them along the way with any questions they have and provide them with the guidance they need. My form of leadership revolves around collaboration through synthesizing our thoughts so everyone has a chance to fully express themselves rather than taking complete command over new members. This is a learning experience for myself as well in an effort to improve my leadership skills; therefore, I am open to feedback from you guys on what you expect to learn as writers so I can become the inspiring mentor I’ve always aspired to be. Aside from all the work, I also anticipate on establishing a bond with the new Her Campus members beyond the club meetings and assist them in their college journey-so anticipate our upcoming Her Campus events full of opportunities to meet new gals and create your own unique and professional sisterhood through our organization.

Hey there! I'm a Communications major and Marketing minor with a concentration in Arts & Entertainment Management with a love for all things anime, K-Pop, Rupaul's Drag Race, and anything that has me forgetting the pressures of school and nearing the edge of real adulthood