Desk setup?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Desk setup?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash
Style > Decor

How to Upgrade Your Room on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Colleges across the country are moving to virtual learning during the COVID-19 outbreak. If you are like me, you moved from your picture-perfect dorm into your old room and you know it needs a deep clean and a trend update. Budgeting is crucial for college students right now, so here are a few items that will brighten your room and wallet.

Get a New Bed Set 

Maybe you have outgrown that middle school cover and sheet set of yours. Have no fear as AmazonBasic comes through for you with tons of trendy bed in a bag sets! 10 pieces to spice up your life at an incredibly affordable price.

Add a Tapestry

Adding a tapestry may seem basic and unnecessary but it will make your room feel complete. Instead of staring at a blank wall or your old celebrity crush magazine posters, add the tapestry that is right for you. Whether it is a Van Gogh painting or a meme, it will truly make a difference! 

Smaller Decor Accessories 

Small things can make your room feel more cozy and personal. My personal favorite is candles. Nothing feels better than a clean room, your favorite movie playing, and an amazing candle lighting up your room. If you’re longing to feel back at college add a Homesick special candle of the city.

Pictures

Everyone is missing social interaction right now, but it does not mean our memories are gone! You can add pictures of your more “aesthetic” college memories or inspirational quotes and brighten up your room!

These simple tips are easy, affordable, and will make a big difference. If you need more inspiration, follow Amazon Student Prime (@primestudent) on Instagram!

Hi everyone! I'm Alysa and I am the former Campus Correspondent for HC Pace NYC. I majored in Communication Studies and minored in Sociology & Anthropology and Arts & Entertainment Management. Within my articles you can find everything I love to write including, pop culture, sports, politics, and my personal NYC experiences! Feel free to connect with me on my socials!