Harry Styles performing at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS

Harry’s House: What We Know So Far And Easter Eggs You Might Have Missed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

On a peaceful Wednesday afternoon, Harry Styles announced via Twitter and Instagram that his third studio album, Harry’s House would be released on May 20th, along with a teaser video for the album. 

The teaser video features a montage of clips, some of them from Love on Tour. Then, the video cuts to a clip of Harry walking out onto a stage, while he steps into the door frame of a bright yellow house.

We don’t know much about the album’s tracklist yet, other than the teaser and previous Easter eggs hint at the overall idea of domesticity and finding a person that feels like home. 

To most people, the announcement of Harry’s House may feel like it came out of nowhere, but Harry has actually been hinting at this album since October.

Harryween Night One

On the first night of Harryween, Harry came onto stage in an outfit inspired by the character Dorothy from Wizard of Oz. Harry stepping out as Dorothy reinforces his idea of home, since one of the most iconic lines from the movie is “There’s no place like home.”

Love on Tour European Pit Changes

For the United States leg of Love on Tour, the two sides of the pit were named watermelon and cherry, after the two songs “Watermelon Sugar” and “Cherry.” When Harry confirmed that he was in fact going on the European leg of tour, the names of the different sections in the pit seating were changed to “kitchen,” “hallway,” and “bedroom,” which (obviously) all resemble rooms in a house, specifically Harry’s House

You Are Home Website

On March 19th, a mysterious website called You Are Home grabbed fan’s attention, as the website seemed too similar to what Harry did with Eroda for Fine Line. Every day since March 19th at 12pm EST, a different door opens on the website, while the Twitter account simultaneously puts out tweets. The first door features the cover of Ralph Waldo Emerson’s book Nature and Selected Essays. The door’s have continued to be opened since March 19th, and on March 28th, Harry announced that the first single for Harry’s House, “As It Was,” would be released on April 1st. 

Overall, I know I’m not the only one when I say that I’m excited for this album and I will be canceling all plans on May 20th so I can listen to Harry’s House on repeat all day.

Hi everyone, my name is Madison and I am currently a junior at Pace studying arts and entertainment management! Feel free to reach out to me on my socials :)