Getting Involved: Women’s Empowerment Network

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

As a collegiate, it can be a bit difficult when it comes to getting involved in clubs/programs in college. I entered Pace last year as a shy freshman who was also eager to get involved with a club on campus that would help me grow and make great friends. That summer, I’d applied to be involved with the Women’s Empowerment Network, commonly known to students as WEN. As soon as I’d gotten the e-mail from the moderator and read what the network was about, I knew it was the club for me. The Women’s Empowerment Network’s mission is a network solely comprised of young women who empower others, learn to empower themselves, and learn skills that will ready them for their career paths.

WEN helped me learn a lot about what it means to love myself, what it means to be an empowered woman, what it means to empower other women, and learned new skills that will help me as I move further along in my career, not just as a Pace student, but outside of Pace as well.

This year, anyone can join WEN. There’s no longer an application process in order to be involved with one of the coolest, women’s empowerment networks on the NYC campus. All you have to do is attend one of the meetings listed below (or attend all of them, if you can!):

Tuesday, September 29 in (3:30pm-4:30pm)E305

Wednesday, October 14 (12:15pm-1:15pm) in E303

Tuesday, October 27 (3:30pm-4:30pm) in E305

Wednesday, November 11 (12:15pm-1:15pm) in E303

Tuesday, December 8 (3:30pm-4:30pm) in E305

WEN was such a highlight of my freshman year at Pace. I learned so much about myself as a person, about career building, and about building other women up. I really found a sisterhood through WEN, and if you join, you definitely will too! So join the sisterhood! 

Anna Sejuelas is a feminist, poet, and senior at Pace University in New York City, pursuing a double major in English Language and Literature and Women’s Studies. Anna was born and raised in New York City, which is her first love. When she’s not writing poetry or writing articles for HC Pace, Medium, or FLURT Magazine, she can be found singing everything from arias to rap.