Style

Find Out the Major Fall 2018 Trends for Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Whether you are a dedicated astrology lover, or you check up on your horoscope now and then, there is an increasing number of women who apply the concept of zodiac signs in almost every facet of life.  From friends to relationships and even style choices. While the legitimacy of a horoscope is questioned, there is certainly truth behind the zodiac signs and their influences on people’s style and personality.  Besides, who says that your outward appearance and fashion sense can’t be understood better with a little astrology? So, let’s see how your birth date will inspire your next shopping list.  

1. Aries: Leopard Print

Aries is the fire-starter of the zodiac.  Known for their outspoken, fast-paced and vivacious personality, people born under this sign are not afraid to stand out from the crowd.  An industry fashion-fave, this season’s leopard print coats are perfect for making a statement and turning life into one long catwalk.

2. Taurus: Nudes

Those born under this sign are known to stay within the status quo, so going outside of the box isn’t usually a Taurus’ go-to fashion move.  However, this does not mean that they don’t have a sharp eye for style. An all nude-brown-beige look is the definition of understated elegance.  Beige shades look clean, fresh, refined and luxurious without even trying. Cocktail after work perfect AND office hours perfect.

3. Gemini: Designer Logos

The chatterbox of the zodiac, Geminis are always about the talk of the town.  Those who fall under this sign have something to say about everything and live for juicy gossip.  Big logo sweaters are perfect for this season because they are warm, cozy and add a little bit of luxe to any look.  This sign will love that statement slogan tops and accessories are this season’s conversation starters. Besides, if Prada’s logo jumpers do not go viral, I don’t know what will.

4. Cancer: Teddy Coats

People who fall under this sign are usually caring, emotional and sentimental individuals.  They tend to prefer a night in over a night out and are usually the masters of Netflix-and-chill.  With that, Cancers make the best hosts for any gathering and love feeling cozy. This makes plush, teddy coats the perfect addition to a Cancer’s wardrobe.  Teddy jackets have officially made a comeback from the 90s and we are LOVING IT. Not only are they warm and cozy for the fall season, but they also look good dressed up or down.  Cancers like nothing better than swaddling in warm, protective layers. This season’s cozy coats are ideal for Cancers because they’re the sweet-spot between duvet days and high fashion.

5. Leo: Leather

Leather is a timeless fall trend that is both luxurious and bold.  Life is a runway for the Leo. Those who fall under this sign are most comfortable in the spotlight and are one of the most courageous signs in the zodiac.  This makes them a statement maker by nature, in addition to their naturally lovable personality. Leos love all things luxurious while keeping a classic look.  A Balenciaga leather biker jacket is the perfect staple piece in a Leo’s wardrobe.

6. Virgo: Plaid Co-ord Sets:

Plaid Co-ords are the perfect trendy fall piece for those who fall under this sign.  Classy, professional and polished, this fall trend perfectly suits this intelligent and analytical sign.  People who fall under this sign are natural perfectionists who value their craft. In addition, Virgos tend to be about their grind and staying highly productive.  Not only does plaid allude to the comeback of 90s trends, but it also gives a clean and professional look. Two-piece sets are definitely trending this season and can make a fabulous addition to a Virgo’s wardrobe.

7. Libra: Thigh-high Boots

A Libra can easily work a feminine outfit one day and a menswear-inspired look the next.  Libras tend to gear towards classic pieces, but they like to add an extra edge to anything they wear.  The ruling planet for Libras is Venus, which means that people who fall into this sign have a feminine and romantic side with a love for all things aesthetically pleasing.  Thigh-high boots are the perfect addition to the Libra’s wardrobe because they are the perfect balance between casual and glamorous. A perfect fall look for a Libra is a woven sweater dress paired with suede thigh-highs.  Not only is it a classic look, but it also gives off an edge of luxe without looking overdone.

8. Scorpio: Velvet

Velvet is honestly a trend all year ‘round.  Those born under this sign are known for being deep, romantic and passionate individuals. Not only is Velvet a timeless look; it is also a perfect combo for this thoughtful and sensuous sign.  

9. Sagittarius: Oversized Bags

The jet-setters of the zodiac, those born under this sign love to travel!  The Sagittarius loves to explore new things, meet new people, and they live life to the fullest.  They are always on the go, which makes oversized bags the perfect addition to a Sagittarius’ accessory collection.  Eye-catching and spacious, oversized bags are perfect for all those travel-sized necessities a Sagittarius needs to conquer the world.  

10. Capricorn: Sleek Suiting

Capricorns are one of the most ambitious and business-oriented signs in the zodiac.  They are practical by nature and are generally conservative individuals. Though they love a good party now and then, Capricorns are very focused on their personal brand and tend to be more detached and focused on their craft.  Sleek suiting is overall the perfect fall trend for a business-savvy, working woman. A Capricorn can incorporate this trend into their wardrobe with tailored coats, pantsuits and blazer dresses.

11. Aquarius: Adventurous Layering

You’ll never catch an Aquarius following the status quo.  Those who fall under this sign are naturally trendsetting, innovative, free-spirited and intellectual.  They march to the beat of their own drum and follow their own impulses about what is ‘cool.’ With this, they usually are not the ones to pay attention to trends because they’d rather create their own.  The 2018 fall/winter season features a lot of layering. In fact, there are some pretty adventurous laying ideas going on in the fashion industry right now. An Aquarius can easily mix and match unconventional clothing pieces and still look elegant, making this trend perfect for an Aquarius to make their own.

12. Pisces: Futuristic Metallics

Finally, those born under this sign are the dreamers of the zodiac. Though they are generally more on the low-key side, those born under the sign are: intuitive, comforting, dreamy and imaginative.  A Pisces generally prefers looking towards the future rather than focusing on the present. High shine fabrics are key on the catwalks, and Metallics are especially a major fashion trend this season. Not only do Metallics give off a futuristic vibe, but they also look luxuriously chic. A Pisces can definitely pull this off.

Keep up with her on her Instagram @therealclaudian.