This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

‘Tis the season for crinkling leaves on the sidewalk, pumpkin picking, cold weather, and most importantly: seasonal drinks! Autumn is especially noteworthy for its beverages that make you want to sit by the fireplace and watch your favorite Halloween movies. Here are some of my favorites!

1.) Hot Caramel Macchiato

This Starbucks classic is mostly enjoyed iced. However, it is extremely underrated as a hot beverage! I personally like to substitute 2% milk in this drink for soy milk. If you want something extra sweet, ask for extra caramel drizzle and this will be sure to get you in a fall mood.

2.) Apple Cider

Another beverage you cannot go wrong with it! This drink is great served hot or over ice. (**To make it extra spooky, add rum!)     

3.) Hot Chocolate

This should be a staple in everyone’s cabinets every fall/winter. Personally, I think you can’t go

wrong with a single packet of Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate mix and some warm milk in a mug. If you want to spice up this common drink, get a salted caramel hot chocolate or a white hot chocolate!

(**Add a splash or two of Bailey’s Irish Cream for some extra Halloween fun!)

4.) Vanilla Chai Latte

A delicious drink that can either be made in the comfort of your own home or by a barista at your local Starbucks! This beverage is delicious hot or over ice.

5.) Affogato

If you are a coffee connoisseur like myself, this is a great balance between ice cream and espresso. Essentially, an affogato is when espresso is poured over ice cream of your choice. I am a plain Jane, so I usually like these with vanilla, but you could make this at home with fall ice cream flavors such as salted caramel and pumpkin spice!

6.) Cinnamon Dolce Frappuccino

This is another Starbucks drink, but does not fail to remind me of fall with every sip! While this is a coffee beverage, it is unique because it is blended with the milk of your choice, ice, cinnamon dolce syrup and is topped with cinnamon and whipped cream. This is a cold drink that is great for any weather!

7.) Pumpkin Nog

The final beverage I must share is pumpkin nog! While this can be spiked for adult enjoyment, it can also be made non-alcoholic and egg-free! This does not have any caffeine in it, so it is a better option for those who prefer beverages without. This is a delightful dessert for an autumn evening.

A freshman at Pace University studying communications. Lover of good coffee, good music, traveling, and anything Disney.