Fashion’s New It Girl: Kaia Gerber

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

She’s the fresh, new face of fashion. She’s every designer’s newfound muse. She’s Kaia Gerber. Step aside Gigi and Kendall because Kaia has arrived. Making her runway debut at just 16, Kaia Gerber is wasting no time in her strut towards becoming a household name.

Gerber made her walking debut at New York Fashion Week for Spring/Summer 2018 at the Calvin Klein show and has hit the ground running since. From opening Alexander Wang and Chanel to closing for Marc Jacobs, Kaia Gerber is the new name on everyone’s lips. Who is she? Standing at 5’9”, Gerber has been signed to IMG since she was 13, landed a Versace campaign at 10, and opened a major NYFW show at 16. Wondering how she’s been achieving all of your wildest modeling dreams since the age you were sitting in a middle school algebra class? Well, she’s the 16-year-old daughter of mega supermodel Cindy Crawford. Are you jealous of that gene pool? Yeah, me too. Just like her mom, Gerber has skyrocketed to fashion superstardom, even sharing the runway with Crawford during this season’s Versace show.  

What’s in store for Kaia Gerber’s career? I’d say it has a lot to do with following in her mother’s footsteps, being every brand’s coveted face, and being a total fashion badass.

Hi there! I'm Sophie and a student at Pace University in New York City! A few of my favorite things are fashion, food, art, traveling, and exploring the city. I love to go on adventures- my latest one being my move all the way up north from sunny Miami, Florida to the hectic Big Apple.