Exploring the Taylor Swift Pop Up Shop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

A Taylor Swift fan’s greatest dream happened at the Manhattan Seaport on November 11th-16th. I went on Sunday and it was PACKED. I waited over 3 hours to get inside but boy was it worth the wait. The line moved fast with hardcore fans belting songs and buzzing with excitement. 

This shop had exclusive merchandise that could only be found there this week. They had one of everything out on the rack and you had to tell a Taylor Nation Representative what you wanted and they put it in an exclusive tote back at the register with the number you received. 

Even if you couldn’t afford to drop some cash for the clothes the photo opportunities were unbelievable! They had the telephone from the music video and her ACTUAL throne, that she sat in, from the music video. They had lights and flowers for pictures and it was just perfect. 

After shopping around their was a lounge with big fuzzy chairs, chandeliers, and cookies. I can shamelessly say I spent six hours at the pop-up shop, secretly hoping she may pop in herself since she was in the city on Saturday Night Live the night before. Ironically, after waiting all day, she came two hours after I left. Taylor or no Taylor it was a great experience that got me exclusive merchandise and some great photos! 

I am an elementary education and special education major with a minor in psychology at Pace University. I love singing, playing the guitar reading, writing, shopping, and eating. My dream in the world is to help kids with special needs and be there beacon of hope as well as to travel a lot to see what the world has to offer!