Drake’s “In My Feelings” Could Have Been So Much Different

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

The popular song that had us all playing it on repeat, “In My Feelings’ by Drake could have been so much different. Complex tweeted this video which has the renowned all-female rap group City Girls featured on the track.   

I don’t know about you but I love City Girls – their style is so unique and empowering in a more raunchy, inappropriate way than I would say Lizzo is. Honestly, any strong female artist makes me feel bad a**. 

When the final version dropped, the traction was insane. The song’s popularity skyrocketed following the viral videos posted online. Big names such as Liza Koshy and Will Smith even created their own versions which you can watch here in case you were living under a rock or just can’t remember because there are so many more important things that should be in your memory.

YouTube Comedian Liza Koshy

Legendary actor Will Smith

Giants star Odell Beckham Jr.

Actress Shay Mitchell

Performer Ciara

If that wasn’t enough for you, check out this compilation by Billboard with all of the dance challenges that you can watch in one sitting. 

I mean… I think that the song would have been a bit better if the City Girls were still on but who knows – maybe there would have been no hilarious videos to follow.

My name is Kylie Geatz. While I work towards a career in the music industry, I enjoy my time spent living in NYC exploring, drinking too much coffee, and attending different events/concerts. Feel free to reach out and comment on any of my articles on any of my social media accounts (@altkylie)!