Blocked Border 2?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Blocked Border 2?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Taylor Swift via TikTok

Does Taylor Swift Have a Secret TikTok Account?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Like almost everyone else on the planet, my free time has been spent mindlessly scrolling through TikTok, especially after Taylor Swift took over. However, one account has been puzzling Swifties since early November; @absolutelynottaylorswift. The account owner is unknown, it’s privated, and all of the videos are confusing and cryptic. Most have come to the conclusion that Swift herself runs the account, but I’m not so sure. While I believe that Swift is most definitely involved with the account and everything that it posts, I don’t believe that she herself runs the account. 

We all know that Taylor Swift is an extremely busy woman – from running her empire to rerecording her original six masters, she surely makes the most of the time she has in a day. While there’s a very small possibility that she does run this account, I believe that it’s someone on the Taylor Nation team that’s instructed what to post, when to post, when to interact with fans, and what accounts to follow. It’s hard to believe that this is a fan account, like some think, due to the fact that the account had posted small clips of “Red (Taylor’s Version)” before its official release. If this was a fan account, Taylor’s team would have gotten those posts down as quickly as possible, meaning that those clips had been posted with Taylor’s consent. 

This account also hinted at Taylor’s Latte, a drink available at Starbucks and advertised in hand with the release of “Red (Taylor’s Version).” It also posted a picture from Rockefeller Center, hinting at Swift’s Saturday Night Live performance. There have also been hints to the next “Taylor’s Version” being released, which has been theorized to be Speak Now since the account has posted pictures from the Speak Now: World Tour and the stolen versions of Speak Now tracks muted under the pictures. The account has also changed the name from the red scarf emoji to the purple heart emoji, which could be hinting at the release of Speak Now (Taylor’s Version).

There are plenty of other posts on the account, however these posts are a little bit harder to decode. Theories range from a new Ed Sheeran collaboration, a Selena Gomez and Rare Beauty collaboration, a possible re-release of Taylor’s infamous Wonderstruck perfume, and a possible celebration event for the one-year anniversary of Evermore. Swift is known for her easter eggs, so the account comes as no surprise. This is why I believe that Taylor is involved with the account, however, I don’t think that she is single handedly running it.

There are theories that this account is run by Swift and Taylor Nation, trying to scout out Swifties to invite to new Secret Sessions. Secret Sessions are events where Swift invites fans to her houses around the world to listen to new music of hers before it is released to the public. They could also be scouting out Swifties to invite to pre-show meet and greets for Swift’s next tour, which is rumored to be taking place across the globe next summer. Only time will tell, but I hold that @absolutelynottaylorswift is, in fact, not Taylor Swift.

she/they marvel and taylor swift stan with a love for fashion, films, and fanfiction