Concert Review: Gracie Abrams at the Music Hall of Williamsburg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

On February 15, 2022, I attended (in my opinion) one of the most intimate concerts I’ve ever gone to, when Gracie Abrams brought the “This Is What It Feels Like” tour to Brooklyn. Abrams’ show felt like seeing an old friend who you’re able to catch up with and feel like no time has gone by. She is on a fast-track to stardom and understandably so; the Los Angeles native will be one of the supporting acts on Olivia Rodrigo’s SOUR World Tour. Rodrgio herself has stated before that she has felt inspired by Abrams’ music. 

My friends and I arrived early to the venue, and every minute in the frigid cold was absolutely worth it! Gracie’s soundcheck experience began at around 6:30, and she was so endearing and genuine. Taking song requests and selfies, listening to fans explain their love for her music, accepting gifts, answering questions and FaceTiming fans at home – Abrams remained so graceful and kind to every fan, making the experience so memorable. And this was just the beginning of the night!

Young singer-songwriter Alix Page was the opening act. Evidently, Page was the perfect choice to open the show as she performed music similar to Gracie’s songwriting vibe, while appealing to many One Direction fans with the iconic cover of ‘Teenage Dirtbag.” 

Abrams opened the show with “Feels Like,” engaging with the crowd from the first moment she stepped onto the stage. The setlist consisted of music from her debut E.P., minor, her sophomore project  This Is What It Feels Like and a few single tracks such as “Unlearn” and  “Brush Fire.” 

Abrams’ fans knew every lyric and were ecstatic to hold her hand and sing the lyrics back to her throughout the night. Even during the set, she continued to make conversations with fans, take photos and say hi to fans via FaceTime. Abrams’ performance allows audiences to comprehend every unapologetic lyric written, and those emotions hit even harder in person. Her show was an escape from the universe while also simultaneously being the place where you confront your deepest thoughts. There is such a genuineness about her crowd interaction.

she/her/hers Hi, I'm Lucy! I am studying Communications & Media Arts and Arts & Entertainment Management at Pace University in New York City.