Style

The Break New York Fashion Week Event

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

New York Fashion Week is upon us and as much as I love the excitement it brings, I tend to get bummed out because access to public tickets is so limited. This is my second time experiencing fashion week in NYC, and there’s always one event that I can’t wait to attend. The Break,  a sustainable brand based in Brooklyn that sells vintage pieces at low prices, puts on a fantastic show for the public every year and allows anyone and everyone to attend.

Be sure to check out The Break on Instagram!

This is my second time attending the exposition, and it is so organized and makes every walk of life feel welcomed. The Break allows customers to shop all day from their new collection and then displays some of the pieces at night on the runway. One of the reasons I love this show is because they use an incredibly diverse array of models. They featured short girls, pregnant women, transgender models, and many people of all races. This year they also had an interpretive dance piece after the catwalk. Everyone there is so stylish and kind- you’re bound to leave the show with at least one elegant friend. Last year they had vendors, appetizers, and select pieces for sale on the night of the event. However, this year they cut all of the details to focus on the quality of the show. The Break also added a $15 entrance fee which did not occur last year but mentioned that it’s because the popularity of this event has increased so much. 

The Break does an excellent job with the logistics and creativity of their events, and I highly recommend going. Their sustainable second-hand clothing makes you feel good after purchasing it, and the money helps an independently-owned business. If you ever get a chance to go to their events don’t pass on the offer- it’s truly an experience you will never forget.

Her Campus Pace Contributor