The Best 2010’s Throwback Albums You Forgot About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

If you are like me, music is something used to unwind and escape our current reality. As many artists are postponing their tours and albums, fans might be going a little crazy. Yes, we still have our virtual concerts, but most artists use them for an acoustic set rather than something to raise your energy levels. As a result of this, I began looking through my music library to see if anything old could feel new again. Turns out there are a ton of bands, artists, and albums that I, sadly, completely forgot about! Here are some few tunes and throwback pictures to keep your spirits high during this tough time.

R5 – Louder (2013)

This group was one of my favorites as a pre-teen. It has been 7 years since this album, but to me it is timeless. While the group is no more, it consisted of Ross Lynch, his siblings, and their friend. The group produced time-defying and catchy songs such as my favorites “(I Can’t) Forget About You” and “Cali Girls” on the album.

Cody Simpson – 4 U – EP (2010) 

Oh, how I miss the days of Cody Simpson. Ever since this album came out, I have dreamed of a boy coming up to me and saying that I make him “do his two-step all day.” Now Cody dates fellow 2010 throwback star Miley Cyrus and it kinda makes me question reality. 

Cher Lloyd – Sticks & Stones (2012)

Honestly, I cannot think of the right words to describe Cher Lloyd. Her aesthetic was truly 2012 and her song “Oath” featuring Becky G, also a noteworthy throwback artist became the best friend anthem of the decade. 

Bridgit Mendler – Hello My Name Is… (2012) 

If you forgot about Bridgit Mendler you have wasted the past 8 years. Her album is truly one of the most enjoyable experiences and I think she should make a comeback to save the industry. “Ready or Not” is one of Mendler’s singles from the album and is now a part of my personality. 

Allstar Weekend – Suddenly Yours (2010)

Allstar Weekend was one of Disney’s underground boy bands, but I think they could have been on the level of Big Time Rush. The group does not have a lot of songs and some of their albums have been taken off Apple Music, but, nevertheless, they have bops. Their music videos are classic 2010 boyband, and who would complain about that?

Hi everyone! I'm Alysa and I am the former Campus Correspondent for HC Pace NYC. I majored in Communication Studies and minored in Sociology & Anthropology and Arts & Entertainment Management. Within my articles you can find everything I love to write including, pop culture, sports, politics, and my personal NYC experiences! Feel free to connect with me on my socials!