Amber Dubin (’17)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Name: Amber Dubin

Year: Junior (’17)

Major(s): Double Major in Forensic Science and Chemistry

Minor(s): Criminal Justice and Biology

What extracurricular activities are you involved in on campus?:I am currently a member of the Chemistry Club here on campus and I am running to become Secretary of the Forensic Science Student Organization. I am also the Recruitment and Enrichment director for the Her Campus chapter at Pace.”

What internships have you taken?:Last summer I had an internship with the New Jersey State Police Academy in Sea Girt. I helped them prepare for the incoming recruit class.”

What is your favorite hobby?:Some of my favorite hobbies include going to the gym, photography and traveling.”

What is your favorite TV show?:My absolute favorite is Criminal Minds!”

Where do you see yourself in five years?: Hmm, that is a tough question. In the next two years I plan to obtain my Master’s Degree in Forensic Science. So in five years, I hope to have successfully completed the State Police Academy and I plan to be working my way to a promotion into the Crime Scene Investigation Unit.”

What is your favorite memory so far here at Pace?: Sophomore year I went kayaking on the Hudson with my roommates. That is one experience I will never forget! I’ve been kayaking many times before but never with such a beautiful view. We played music and took tons of pictures with the freedom tower and statue of liberty in the background. It was a great bonding experience and it was free!!”

Tell us a fun fact about yourself!:I love adventures! I went sky diving two summers ago. I have also gone ziplining in Belize. I went scuba diving in Mexico and I have climbed the Dunn’s River Falls in Jamaica to name a few. The next thing on my bucket list is shark cage diving or bungee jumping!”

Hi! My name is Jacqueline and I am a senior communication studies major with minors in business and women and gender studies at Pace University. I am the president / campus correspondent for the Her Campus Pace Chapter and the president of the production club PopTV. I am a Hufflepuff and lover of all things Harry Potter! Also, I am a HUGE Marvel fan! When I am not writing and leading Her Campus, I like to spend my time reading, watching Netflix, and singing every song that comes on Spotify.