This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

If there is one thing you should know about me, it’s that I love Star Wars. This franchise has been in my life since I was a child, and as I grow older, my appreciation for it only grows. I am ecstatic about the Ahsoka series, which will stream on Disney+ in August. Ahsoka Tano was first seen in the 2008 Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film) and has been my favorite character since her debut. After her introduction in the 2008 movie, fans disapproved of the new character. However, after seeing her in shows such as Star Wars The Clone Wars (The Series) (The Clone Wars), Star Wars: Rebels (Rebels), and The Mandalorian, Ahsoka Tano has become one of the most liked characters in the franchise. On April 7, 2023, Disney released a teaser trailer for the Ahsoka series. After watching it a million times, I am ready to discuss the trailer. However, there is a lot to pack, so bear with me.

The teaser trailer opens with Ahsoka walking to a site of ruins. Due to the markings on the pillars, this could be an old or destroyed Jedi temple. These pillars are remarkably similar to a temple in Rebels. Ahsoka uses her lightsabers to cut a hole in the ground to enter the temple. Audiences have seen this move, as she has done it during season seven of The Clone Wars. Next, the Lucasfilm logo is red instead of the usual green. The green logo represents the overall sense of heroism and good. Instead, the red could represent a challenge of morals, hinting at a theme of darkness and evil for the entire series. Our next shot shows the character Sabine Wren, a Mandalorian from the TV series Rebels, who I believe will be a principal character in this series. She is next to a Loth-cat, an animal native to Lothal (a planet important to the Rebels series). We also get a sneak peek at other characters from Rebels: Hera Syndulla and Chopper. Hera Syndulla is a talented pilot, and Chopper is a witty and cranky droid. Zeb Orrelios is another character from Rebels and made his live-action debut in the TV series, The Mandalorian. Although we did not see Zeb in the trailer, he might appear in the series. The trailer also introduced two characters who I do not know much about. These characters are Baylan Skoll (the man who duels Ahsoka) and Shin Hati. Both characters wield orange lightsabers, but I don’t know their purpose within the series. I don’t think Skoll and Hati are Jedi or Sith. Yet, it doesn’t appear that they are allies to Ahsoka Tano. Crucial characters from other series and movies appear in this trailer, viewers see Chancellor Mon Mothma and other galactic senators. Then get a quick shot of Grand Admiral Thrawn. Grand Admiral Thrawn is the main antagonist in Rebels and is the “heir to the empire,” according to Ahsoka Tano in the trailer. I am excited to watch Thrawn in live-action form, but I wish we got more than a shot of him from the back. We also see a small hologram of Ezra Bridgers after the quick glimpse of Thrawn. Ezra Bridger is the protagonist of Rebels and disappears during the Rebels finale. Yes, that sounds confusing, but it makes sense when you watch Rebels.

As viewers reach the end of the trailer, we watch Ahsoka battle another Inquisitor. This battle shows Ahsoka’s strength with the force because she pushes the Inquisitor away using only two fingers. Then, four words light up the screen: “Warrior, Outcast, Rebel, and Jedi.” These words describe Ahsoka, even if she does not see herself as a Jedi. At the end of the trailer, a droid says, “Perhaps it is time to begin again.” This droid is Huyang, and he has a long connection to the Jedi and Ahsoka. Huyang taught Jedi younglings how to construct their lightsabers for thousands of years. You can watch him instruct a group of younglings in an episode of The Clone Wars. Finally, we see the logo illuminate the screen. Some have wondered if these series will dive into “the world between worlds,” a concept introduced in Rebels. However, I believe this concept is confusing and wouldn’t make sense. Instead, I think the logo is a map, and the series will focus on navigation and exploration. This series may focus on finding Ezra Bridger and Grand Admiral Thrawn while ensuring that Thrawn doesn’t become the heir to the empire. 

Yes, I’m aware that was a lot of information. I’m sure someone has noticed more, but this is everything I digested. I recommend watching Star Wars: Rebels before watching the Ahsoka series. Although it may not be necessary, watching Rebels can help you understand potential plot points and specific characters. Rebels is an underrated show and deserves more love and respect. Ahsoka will be streaming on Disney+ in August. I cannot wait to watch this series, but in the meantime, I will rewatch Star Wars: Rebels. The teaser trailer is now available here and on Disney+.

PK Kennedy is an active member within Her Campus at Pace. They are a social media assistant and help oversee Her Campus at Pace’s Pinterest account and write weekly articles focusing on, but not limited to, local events, music, and film/television pieces. Outside of Her Campus, PK is a senior at Pace University (NYC) and is majoring in Communications and Media Studies with a double minor in Digital Marketing and Arts and Entertainment Management. Recently, PK has been delving into multiple social media and design platforms to further their knowledge about digital marketing. During this school year, and beyond graduation, they hope to continue to learn more about photoshop and video editing software. Beyond school, PK enjoys listening and discovering new music, enjoying a cup of coffee and a sweet treat, having hour-long conversations about Star Wars and/or Marvel. If not doing any of the items listed above, PK is most definitely “rotting” in bed and gaining more knowledge about astrology and rewatching their favorite movie/TV shows again.