6 Reasons I Chose New York City as my Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

1) So much to do

Living in the “big city”, you have opportunity lying at your feet. If you ever get bored in “the city that never sleeps”, you’re doing something wrong. Like reading? Spend a day in one of Manhattan’s beautiful parks and dive into your favorite book. Like to see boats float by? Take a stroll down The South Street Seaport and take in the scenic view. Do you love live theatre? Go listen to some of your favorite Broadway tunes at a Broadway show! There is simply no room for boredom in New York City.

2) Incredible food

Food is what makes New York City what it is (especially dessert). From Black Tap to 10 Below and so much more, there are endless amounts of places to try, all over the city. Your stomach will thank you later.

3) Cozy bookstores

Are you a bookworm? One thing is for sure, you can easily find a bookstore in many corners of Manhattan! The closest Barnes & Nobles to Pace University is on 97 Warren Street. Do you like unique bookstores? Check out The Strand Bookstore in Union Square and find the inner Belle bookworm in you.

4) All the shopping you could ever dream of

Shopping is a MUST in New York City. There is always a festival, pop up shop or crazy sale happening somewhere in the city. Some great areas to satisfy your shopping needs are SoHo, Greenwich Village, Chelsea and the Upper East Side!

5) Forms of transportation

Transportation is probably the number one reason I chose New York City as my campus. Living in the city, the traffic is constant. The subway is an ideal way to get around the concrete jungle. Although it may be crowded, it is a great system to get the hang of, especially if you plan on living here for the next four years. To be a real New Yorker, is to know the subway system like the back of your hand.

6) Endless opportunities

Living in the city has several perks (see above). However, the one that I find the most valuable is the amount of opportunity we have, living in New York City. Unlike other college campuses, we are not enclosed (where all we see is the quad and the dining hall across campus). Everyday, we get a view of skyscrapers, aesthetically-pleasing coffee shops and scenic views no matter where we turn next. New York City prepares us as college students for the real world, we have access to opportunity that you cannot find elsewhere. Regardless of your major, there are opportunities everywhere whether it be applying for your dream internship or volunteering, there is something for everyone here. Create opportunity for yourself, do not wait for it to come to you! Networking is KEY.

Hello! I am a Senior Communications Major with a minor in Arts and Entertainment Management. Some fun facts about me are that I have a twin sister, my favorite place to vacation is Puerto Rico, and I am obsessed with Justin Timberlake!
Hey guys, my name is Cas. I am a Senior at Pace Univeristy on the NYC campus. I am currently working on a dual degree in Communications and Fine Arts. I've been working with some friends of mine to start up our own creative platform called FUNKNVIBE. It's basically a way for artists, musicians, film makers and any creative minds to collaborate and create. When I'm not volunteering or with my FNV family I'm reading, dancing or working on my latest art piece. I hope to own and design my own publication showcasing the culture around me. I have a personal blog as well as my Her Campus page. I recently started up a blog with FunknVibe so definitely check it out!  I started out as the secretary at for HCPace but moved my way to VP and CC to now President. I love being able to give students on my campus a voice and connect new students to some type of a community. Her Campus has allowed me to organize myself better and find out what goes into running an organization. It's been an absolute joy and I hope for my last year we have one of the best!