5 New York Coffee Shops I’m Thankful For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Brewed to perfection and never anything less, coffee is the only drink that is able to hold such a special part of our daily lives. Because of its ability to carry feelings of peace and warmth, as well as bring people together through its enjoyment, coffee always comes to mind when counting on the things I am most thankful for during the holiday season. With the Fall and Winter weather in full swing and the holiday cheer present in each new day, a cup of New York coffee serves as the perfect accessory to your holiday traditions! Below are my top five coffee shop picks I am thankful for that always serve beyond expectations and are unique to the City of New York.

1. Jack’s Stir Brew Coffee

Seconds after taking your first steps into Jacks Stir Brew Coffee Shop and you’ll be transported back to your favorite hometown brewery. Bringing a community atmosphere to the corners of Tribeca, Greenwich Village, Sag Harbor, and Montauk, Jack’s allows for relationships to be built between the business and the customer. Working to serve exclusively organic, fair-trade, shade-grown coffee, the shop takes its place as the greatest crop-to-cup coffee shop in New York. Come for the coffee and stay for the quiet corner feel that is Jack’s Stir Brew Coffee.  

2. Birch Coffee

Ranging from bright, light roasts that sip through your lips smoother than how cashmere feels, to a dark roast that will wake you up no matter how grey the sky: Birch Coffee sets the standard for coffee shops everywhere. Making the coffee shop special and unique in the hustle and bustle of New York is the care in each’s barista’s work to craft your coffee perfectly and match it to your name. A stop into any one of the shops eight locations is a guarantee to make your morning- or night- coffee experience the best one yet.

3. Box Kite

Travelling the world can be done by plane or by cups of coffee. Box Kite Coffee makes its mark as New York’s most diverse coffee house, offering beans and brewing techniques that will transport you in a single sip. With locations in the East Village and the Upper West Side, Box Kite knows that your coffee is an essential part of your daily routine, thus making sure to allow the best tasting experience possible. Bringing the elegance of a brewed cup from Paris together with the availability of a quick stop of the City, Box Kite is the can’t-miss coffee shop to add to your list and never take off.

4. Third Rail Coffee

Serving as the City’s subtle reminder that coffee-making is an art in addition to our solution to late-nights and early mornings, Third Rail Coffee offers nothing but the best for its customers in both Greenwich Village and the East Village. Making Third Rail stand out in the crowd is its commitment to authenticity and originality in its atmosphere and brews. Walking into Third Rail Coffee, you will undoubtedly be reminded on why you fell in love with coffee in the first place, and why you continue to crave the love that only coffee can give you.

5. Ninth Street Espresso

Espresso lovers, rejoice! Ninth Street Espresso understands your love for your smooth, rich drink of choice and excels in delivering espresso that will leave you needing the double shot you constantly desire. Serving quality-based coffee at its impeccable coffee bar is the shops one and only goal, and because of its commitment to excellence, Ninth Street Espresso’s vision is tasted in every coffee served.

Monica is a student at Pace University in New York, New York studying Communications and Journalism. Along with Her Campus, Monica works as a contributing writer for Spire & Co. Exploring New York City and finding the perfect place to brunch are just a couple of things you can find her doing when not in class or writing. Find Monica on Twitter and Instagram: @MonicaRColino 
Hi! My name is Jacqueline and I am a senior communication studies major with minors in business and women and gender studies at Pace University. I am the president / campus correspondent for the Her Campus Pace Chapter and the president of the production club PopTV. I am a Hufflepuff and lover of all things Harry Potter! Also, I am a HUGE Marvel fan! When I am not writing and leading Her Campus, I like to spend my time reading, watching Netflix, and singing every song that comes on Spotify.