5 Modified Recipes For the Vegetarian In Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Truth be told I am not a vegetarian, and so I needed some help with this article. My younger sister has been a vegetarian for about four years now and I asked her to share some of her favorite recipes with me, which she makes her own by modifying the recipes to be vegetarian friendly.

*Note: instead of chicken the desired substitute will be tofu or Gardein Meatless Chick’n Strips

Chicken, Spinach, and Artichoke Rigatoni

A simple recipe for pasta lovers and those looking to add some new flavor into their pasta dishes, this dish is a favorite because of the pasta type chosen, rigatoni but of course the pasta can be switched to your favorite: “Chicken, Spinach, and Artichoke Rigatoni” (for the full list ingredients and directions check delish).

Creamy Garlic Chicken Penne

Who doesn’t love a classic penne pasta dish? But this recipe isn’t your basic Penne alla Vodka dish, instead it’s: “Creamy Garlic Chicken Penne” (for the full list ingredients and directions check delish).

Baja Chicken Taco Pizza

A simple yet fresh and easily enjoyable idea, this recipe is good for one person or families and combines the two greatest foods, tacos and pizza, check out: “Baja Chicken Taco Pizza”(for the full list of ingredients and directions check Taste of Home).

Chicken Keto Quesadillas

A different take on a classic quesadilla, instead this recipes crafts a  tortilla made of cheese and as mentioned before the chicken component can be replaced with tofu of Gardein Meatless Chick’n Strips: “Chicken Keto Quesadillas” (for the full list of ingredients and directions click delish). 

Best Cobb Salad Recipe

A Cobb Salad can easily be tailored to the individual’s own wants with regards to what the salad is comprised of, it can be a simple and creative way to get started making meals, seeing what flavors blend or not: “Best Cobb Salad Recipe” (for the full list or ingredients and directions click delish

Ashley Geiser is the Editor-In-Chief/Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Pace. She oversees all the writers on the team, manages the overall responsibilities and duties of the editors, and publishes the final copy of all articles on the website. She likes to work one-on-one with the writers, helping them gain confidence in their work and hosting monthly editorial workshops to get everyone familiar with Her Campus guidelines and AP style. Beyond her work with Her Campus at Pace, she works as a tutor at the Writing Center for Pace University and serves as an editor for the University’s student magazine, 'Aphros.' Some of her poetry has appeared in Pace University’s 'Chroma' magazine and placed in the English Department Writing Awards. She is currently a senior studying for her bachelor’s degree in English Language and Literature with a concentration in Creative Writing, as well as working towards her master’s degree in Publishing at Pace University. Outside of her academic responsibilities, Ashley usually spends her time reading and writing all forms of poetry. She loves any type of romantic comedy movies, among her favorites are 'Made of Honor' and 'The Wedding Date.' She also enjoys baking; her favorite recipe is a chocolate chip mint cookie of her own design.