This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

A list for the people who make fall their entire personality.

Gilmore Girls

Stars Hollow, coffee dates at Luke’s, and the constant fall season – are all reasons to watch Gilmore Girls during autumn. The show follows the lives of Lorelai and Rory, a witty mother/daughter duo, as they navigate their friendships and family relationships. The perfect show to watch while wrapped up in a blanket with tea (or coffee if you’re just as obsessed with it as the Gilmore girls!)

“It’s just my favorite time of the year. The whole world changes color.” – Lorelai Gilmore

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

If you want a more chilling show that makes it impossible to remove your eyes from the television screen then this is the perfect one for you! The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is a darker and more wicked take on the ‘90s classic show, Sabrina the Teenage Witch. It follows Sabrina Spellman, the half-mortal half-witch teenage girl, as she fights evil to protect her family while simultaneously dealing with normal teenage issues which keeps it dramatic, yet haunting.

“I’m not sure I could handle playing such a subservient character. It’s not really my style.” – Sabrina Spellman

This is Us

This show basically pays homage to autumn. This is Us tells the story of the Pearson family, a set of triplets and their two parents. It uses flashbacks, present times, and flashforwards to show their struggles and accomplishments. Not only is this a good show but the autumnal aesthetic is another one of the many reasons to watch it! This is Us even has many Thanksgiving episodes that include the Thanksgiving traditions that the family does every year. If you want to watch something that makes you laugh and cry then this is your perfect match!

“I am thankful for my family. I’m thankful that we’re all safe and there’s no one in the world that I’d rather be too hot or too cold with.” – Jack Pearson

The Vampire Diaries

Looking for something with mystery, witches, wolves, and two attractive vampire brothers? Well, look no further because The Vampire Diaries checks off all these requirements. Based on the books of the same name, The Vampire Diaries follows the life of Elena Gilbert and her friend group living in the supernatural-filled small town of Mystic Falls. The eight-season-long show is undoubtedly one of the best shows to watch (or rewatch) this fall.

“Hello, Brother.” – Damon Salvatore

Good Will Hunting

Set during the school year, it makes this one of the best movies to watch during the fall season. The lead focus of the film is Will Hunting, a troubled 20-year-old man who is working as a janitor at MIT. It is clear that Will is a genius, and with the help of Dr. Sean Maguire, he tries to overcome his trauma to reach his greatest potential. This ‘90s classic movie is an excellent choice for watching while on the couch and maybe crying (if you’re emotional like me).

“People call those imperfections, but no, that’s the good stuff.” – Sean Maguire

Coraline

Nothing screams horror like characters with buttons for eyes. Coraline is not everyone’s definition of a “fall movie.” But, it sure is a good horror movie to get into the Halloween spirit. Meant for children, the book-to-film stop-motion movie centers around an 11-year-old girl, Coraline, after she moves into a new home with her parents. She soon finds a secret door that leads her to an alternative world where everyone has buttons for eyes, and her life there seems better than in her real world. Good for a Halloween movie marathon or if you just want to get spooked out!

“You probably think this world is a dream come true, but you’re wrong.” – Neil Gaiman

Hocus Pocus

Originals are always better than sequels…and this is no different. Hocus Pocus is full of witches, black cats, zombies, and teens trying to break a spell! The Disney film is about three witches, the Sanderson sisters, coming back to Salem after being gone for three centuries after a teen, Max, accidentally brings them back. With the help of his sister, Dani, and his crush, Allison, Max must break a spell that will make the Sanderson Sisters immortal. Just simply being set in Salem, Massachusetts, should make this a top Halloween or fall pick!

“Well, it says to form a circle of salt to protect from zombies, witches, and old boyfriends.” – Allison

Dead Poet’s Society

The beginning of the school year equals fall vibes. As I previously mentioned, movies or shows based on the beginning of the school year just automatically give off autumnal energy, and this movie is no exception. Dead Poet’s Society centers on John Keating, an English teacher that just began working at an all-boys preparatory school with traditional teaching methods. Using these unorthodox teaching methods, Keating is able to reach out to his students, help them be themselves, and follow their dreams. Not only is this movie perfect for the fall season, but it also teaches you many lessons.

“Carpe Diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary.” – John Keating

Halloweentown

Another Disney classic! Probably one of the best Halloween Disney movies to ever be created and the one to watch. Halloweentown is just like any ordinary town, except many different creatures and supernatural beings live there, such as witches, goblins, and skeletons! With the help of her grandmother and her younger siblings, Marnie Piper must fight evil as she discovers that she is a witch just like her grandmother. This is such a fun movie to watch while waiting for Halloween to roll around.

“Why are you so obsessed with Halloween?” – Dylan Piper

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

What’s better than dressing up as a ghost for Halloween? An alien dressing up as a ghost for Halloween! Not only does this movie have incredible costume ideas, but it also has an amazing plot. After a small alien gets stranded on Earth, it befriends a young boy named Elliot and his siblings, who keep him a secret in their house to protect him. E.T., the alien, and Elliot form a strong bond and would do anything to protect each other, even when the government gets involved. This loving story about friendship is an emotional rollercoaster but a rollercoaster you definitely want to get on.

“E.T. phone home.” – E.T.

Remember the Titans

Nothing is more fall than football. Based on a true story, the movie centers around Coach Herman Boone, a football coach working at a newly integrated high school, as he teaches his new team to work together during the 1970s. This movie is so much more than just the sport but also about teamwork, friendship, and life lessons. With such an amazing cast and the perfect autumnal feel, I promise you won’t regret watching this one!

“I hope you boys have learned as much from me this year as I’ve learned from you.” – Coach Bill Yoast

Halloween

One of the most popular Halloween movies of all time. It should be a given that this one was going to be on this list. With the masked killer, the scary theme song, and the attempt to understand how Michael Meyers can get to his victims so fast while walking so slow…Halloween is a must-watch for the fall season. If you haven’t watched this movie yet then you definitely should, and if you have watched it, then watch it again.

“It’s Halloween, everyone’s entitled to one good scare.” – Brackett

Skylar Benitez is the Social Media Director for Her Campus at Pace! She oversees all the social media platforms, creates content, and actively works to gain engagement. She has been a member of Her Campus at Pace for 3 years and loves writing about fashion, pop culture, and lifestyle. Outside of Her Campus, Skylar works as a hostess and a social media marketing intern. She is a senior Communication and Media Studies major. Skylar is a content creator for College Fashionista and Campus Trendsetter. Creating content is one of her favorite things to do and she hopes to continue working in this field. In her free time, Skylar enjoys thrifting, listening to music, watching movies, reading romance novels, and attending concerts. Making the perfect playlists takes up most of her time, and she probably spends 3 hours alone making one. If you were to ask her what her favorite app on her phone is, she would say Letterboxd! She loves everything about fashion, and most articles focus on that. Skylar loves making YouTube videos and creating content about fashion on her social media platforms. If you need to know anything about the most recent pop culture news, Skylar is your girl to go to!