This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

Maybe during orientation you promised yourself that you would be productive in college, or the morning class you are taking is required for your major. Whatever your reason is for taking a early morning class, you are probably figuring out that morning classes suck. But, there is a way to survive them!

I get it, I am not a morning person… at all. But attendance is crucial, just as important as learning all the information in that class! For all of the struggling college students, who want to get their money’s worth, but can’t find the energy to get out of bed, well this one’s for you.

Prepare the Night Before

Preparation is key! If you know it takes you an hour to get ready, and you are constantly waking up 15 minutes before your class, get everything ready the night before. Start taking showers at night, pick an outfit, pack your bag with everything you need to be ready to leave in the morning, and keep your makeup as simple as possible. (or none at all)

Go to Bed Early

A good night’s rest is the most important tip I could possibly give. I am well aware that many college students are up late doing all the work they saved till the last minute. But when you know you have to be up for an 8 am class, stop hanging out in your friends dorm until 2 am. Give yourself at least 6-8 hours of sleep, and as long as you get all your work done at a decent hour, there is no excuse to go to bed late.

Set More Than One Alarm

Unfortunately, one alarm isn’t going to cut it. If you are anything like me, then you will need to set 3 to 5 alarms in the morning. As well as setting all of these alarms, keep it as far away from your bed as possible. This forces you to get out of bed, making you walk across the room to shut off the most annoying noise you have ever heard. Once you are up, just start getting ready for the day!

If these tips don’t work in your favor, you are not a lost cause. Invest in a coffee machine in your room, or make your roommates wake you up, just don’t miss that class! Good luck everyone!

Nicole Cancel

Pace Pleasantville '21

Nicole is a sophomore Public Relations major, and minoring in Fashion Marketing at Pace University. In her spare time she enjoys binge watching shows on Netflix, attending concerts, and napping in between every class.