This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

Walking into college, I did not know what to expect. No one ever gave me tips as an incoming Freshman. I had no clue what to do or what to look forward to. 

Stay Active around Campus 

Do not just stay in your room. Get involved and attend football games, soccer games, basketball games, etc. This is how you learn about other events and show some school pride. 

Join a Club or Team 

If you did not play a sport in High School or ever join a team or club, this is your opportunity to do so. During my freshman year, I joined the Pace Hip- Hop Dance club. Not only did it push me to step out of my comfort zone, but I also met a lot of new faces. I did something that I loved to do: dancing, while also creating new friendships.

Attend Different School Events 

There are many Pace events that take place on campus. These events open you up to new opportunities and give you a great amount of information about the activities happening around campus. You should go to as many events as possible, even if they do not sound interesting to you because you never know, you might be interested after all. 

Live on Campus 

Living on campus has been one of the best choices I made starting college. At first I thought that I wanted to be a commuter, but after time went by, I realized dorming was a great choice. Living on campus is not only convenient but gives you a chance to be more involved and create new friendships. 

Do Not Wait for the Last Minute

During college you usually get work from every professor. They do not care about how much work another professor assigns you.You will still be require you to do your work on time. You could have three four age essays due in one week, and you have no choice but to do them to not fail the class. You have to learn how to balance out each of your assignments. Waiting for the last minute to do your work or check your syllabus is not a good idea. 

When attending college as a Freshman and getting use to a new environment, it may be a difficult task. I hope these tips can help those who are struggling and give insight to what to look forward to in college!

Jada Desir

Pace Pleasantville '22

Jada is a Junior majoring in Criminal Justice and minoring in sociology and anthropology at Pace University Pleasantville. She is from Brooklyn, NY. In her free time, Jada loves to listen to music and dance. This year, her goal is to get involved more on campus and meet new faces.