This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

Being in NYC for Thanksgiving has so many benefits. There is many exciting tins to do during the city for this amazing holiday. You can use this holiday to go explore different places around NYC. 

Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade 

This parade is held near the Museum of Natural History and is one of the most crowded parades that take place around this time of year. Although there is a huge crowd of people, there is so many great things to see. There are many giant balloons, high-kicking Rockettes and Santa’s sleigh along with some celebrity appearances. 

Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park 

At Bryant Park there is an outdoor ice skating ring that is about 17,000-sqaure-foot. It is free and open late, but if you do not have your own skates, you have to rent some for $20. It is a great experience that you can share with your partner, friends, or family. After you have gone skating, you can sit down at the restaurant alongside of it and enjoy a great meal. 

Shop Black Friday Deals

Black Friday shopping starts in the evening of Thanksgiving day. The best deals are offered in many stores. It is one of the biggest sales that will offer. The deals can be jaw-dropping. The lines are long and the crowds are big, but it will be worth it. 

Go Out to Eat

There are many lovely restaurants that you can visit during this holiday. These restaurants may have special Thanksgiving foods that you can enjoy. 

Hopefully you cant attend some of these fun events in NYC during the Thanksgiving holiday. Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Jada Desir

Pace Pleasantville '22

Jada is a Junior majoring in Criminal Justice and minoring in sociology and anthropology at Pace University Pleasantville. She is from Brooklyn, NY. In her free time, Jada loves to listen to music and dance. This year, her goal is to get involved more on campus and meet new faces.