This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

Congratulations Pace University students, you have now made it through five weeks of the second semester and guess what, spring break is almost here! So you know what that means, more school work and studying will be coming our way soon.  So it is crucial that you stay somewhat calm and relaxed during this time. Here are some tips that help me combat stress during this time. 

Let’s start off by giving some great tips on how to stay stress free during any school week:

1. One of the best ways to relax when you are stressed is to get organized, start by writing things down. If your room is untidy or you have more homework than you realized, begin by writing everything down and making a plan for yourself in an agenda. Once you have everything planned out, you will start to feel like you are more in control and some of the stress can be released.

2. Get enough sleep because enough sleep is crucial during school. Alcohol and coffee can lead to disturbed sleep, which can definitely add to the amount of stress that comes from a busy day. So before heading to bed, give your mind time to relax. Indulge yourself with a hot cup of tea and try not to do any demanding work several hours before going to bed.

3. Find a good book & make time to disappear in it. Reading eases the soul & relaxes the mind. You can also take a warm bath, put on comfy clothes, then lay down and listen to your favorite playlist, music is soothing. But, if you are not into listening to music, then a good escape from a stressful day is by grabbing your favorite snack or food and watch your favorite show or videos online.  

4. It’s SO important to spend time to with friends and family, because at the end of the day, these are the people that will always be there for you. It is important to surround yourself with others who love you because they will be your relaxation and help you forget about the stress that you are going through, even if it’s for a short amount of time

5. Doing a positive self talk can help you calm down and control stress and with practice you can learn to shift negative thoughts to positive ones.

• Turn “I can’t do this.” to “I’ll do the best I can. I’ve got this.”
  • Turn “Everything is going wrong.” to “I can handle this if I take one step at a time.”

If you follow these five steps and other steps that you might have already made for yourself, you can start to become less stressed and possibly a more organized person. 

Briana Cuttino

Pace Pleasantville