Health Vagina Sex Periods Std Feminism
Health Vagina Sex Periods Std Feminism
Molly Longest / Her Campus
Style > Beauty

My First Brazilian Wax: Was it Worth it?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

We all know the constant struggle of trying to keep our downstairs clean and silky smooth. Let’s just be honest – it is not easy. It is time consuming, difficult to get into all the crevices and it seems to already start to grow back after only about 5 minutes. It is an extremely frustrating process to say the least. 

It took me until I was 20 years old to be SO done with the constant battle with pubic hair. I finally broke down … I was going to get a Brazilian wax. Now, this was by no means an easy decision. I had pondered the idea for about 2 years now, but always backed out due to the immense fear that surrounds a wax down there. 

I am here to tell you, IT IS NOT THAT BAD. And more importantly, IT IS SO WORTH IT. It has been two weeks since I had the wax done and NO HAIR GROWTH. NONE! 

Now, I’m not gonna sit here, lie to you and say that it wasn’t painful. It absolutely was, but it is a temporary pain. I can’t stress enough that it is only a temporary pain for a whole month’s worth of hair-free hooha. And even when it does start to grow back, it is much much thinner and grows in much less quantity; so when you go back for a second wax, the process is 10 times less painful AND you are a total expert at this point. 

Another aspect of a Brazilian that might turn some away is how much of a vulnerable experience this is. I was worried about this at first, but my waxer did an amazing job with making me feel more comfortable. We chatted it up as a distraction, which helped me immensely. Furthermore, she was extremely understanding about the fact that it was my first time. She let me ask a million questions, she explained every step to me before she did it and she was constantly checking to make sure I was alright. 

After I was a warrior and had every hair in my lady parts ripped out, it was time for a vagacial. Yes, you read that right, a vagacial. It was essentially a face mask but for your — well you know, coochie. The vagacial soothed my skin (kinda like a cooling sensation) from the irritation and offered hydration as well. All jokes aside, it was a great end to the whole waxing experience. 

To conclude, my first Brazilian wax was scary and painful, yes — but I cannot stress it enough how worth it it was. Every time I shower I get to skip the shaving downstairs part of my routine! Not to mention, my boyfriend was a big fan of it :) Getting a Brazilian is something that I would without a doubt recommend because the outcome is so worth it.

Heather Kenney

Pace Pleasantville '22

Heather is a junior Nursing major at Pace University Pleasantville. She is a dancer on Pace's Dance Team and she is from the shoreline of Connecticut. In her free time, Heather loves going to the beach, taking long drives and consuming way too much coffee.