This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

In recent years, I have gotten extremely into true crime documentaries, TV shows and podcasts. My favorite docu-series to this day are There’s Something Wrong with Aunt Diane, The People Vs. OJ Simpson, Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez – just to name a few. 

While visiting one of my friends in Florida earlier this year (pre-corona), she introduced me to this AMAZING TRUE CRIME PODCAST. It’s called Crime Junkie, hosted by Ashley Flowers with cohost Brit Prawat. Their podcast is available on tons of platforms: Spotify, Apple Music, the Apple Podcasts app, Google Podcasts, the list goes on. Even if you don’t have access to any of these listening platforms, they have their episodes available right on their website

As of now, Crime Junkie has almost 150 different episodes filled with intriguing true crime stories and I’ve listened to almost half of them already! The hosts do a fantastic job of explaining and describing each incident in a fascinating and suspenseful way while still in a respectful manner. Crime Junkie also does a great job of having a variety of options for listeners without just being a podcast that strictly retells true crime stories. Some other examples of episodes they offer are conspiracy theories, mysterious deaths, missing persons cases, inside the minds of serial killers as well as wanted persons stories. 

Each episode is around 45-60 minutes long and there is a new release every Monday. I think this is the perfect length for a podcast because you can quickly listen to one or even binge a few in one day. I personally love listening to the episodes while on a long road trip, doing laundry or housework as well as even while studying or doing homework. I am even listening to the most recent episode while writing this article! (MURDERED: Pamela Milam // Vickie Lynn Harrel released on 8/31/20). The only thing I would advise against is listening late at night and alone since the stories they cover on the show can be insanely wild and scary. 

To sum it up, if you have even a slight interest in true crime, give this podcast a listen on any one of their streaming platforms! Needless to say, there are tons of different stories to choose from and each and every one will surely keep you on the edge of your seat. 

As Ashley and Brit finish every episode, stay safe Crime Junkies :)

Heather Kenney

Pace Pleasantville '22

Heather is a junior Nursing major at Pace University Pleasantville. She is a dancer on Pace's Dance Team and she is from the shoreline of Connecticut. In her free time, Heather loves going to the beach, taking long drives and consuming way too much coffee.