This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

Well, it’s that time of year again. Where all the holidays come back and we all are filled with cheer.

But, I am not here to tell you that you should be nice, to stay off the naughty list, to make sure to write your Christmas lists. (even though we are in college it is still ok to write a list, you’re never too old to talk to Santa) Or Hanuka, even to let you know that New Year’s resolutions need to be formed. 

Remember that the holidays are precious family events/moments. We are all bonded together by the love and support of our friends and family, so do not forget to keep in touch and maybe give ur beloveds a little something. I can sit here and go on and on about family and love and how you must be kind to one another. (I am sure that’s all people tell you) However, my steps to preparing for the holidays involve more physical matters.

We have finally entered December; it is never too early to start preparing. Starting with making sure your houses or dorms are filled with lights and glittery ornaments. Not just for the spirit of Christmas and Hanukkah but for the explosion of the New Year. For birthdays that are starting to repeat, for the holiday of love that needs just as much shine, for the luck of the Irish (making us all feel like jolly leprechauns). Holidays are meant to be family filled and fun filled. 

See Preparing for the holidays shouldn’t be a burden. It should be something that we all look forward to. So let’s start planning ahead and get ready for the first holiday that is to come. Christmas and Hanukkah are our starting points, but try not to just focus on it. Remember every holiday holds its own special power and aspect to life. It’s up to you to find them and harness them. 

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Pearl Luciano

Pace Pleasantville '22

Hi I’m Pearl Luciano. I am a political science major. I like sports and reading.