This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

The most wonderful time of the year is upon us… Now, I know that Thanksgiving has just passed and some of you are going to say “but it’s not even December”…. well SO WHAT!?For my Christmas lovers, here is how to start getting in the spirit. And for the haters, stop hating. Naughty people get coal in their stockings…Now there are many ways to get in the spirit of Christmas. There are the songs, decorations, and new drinks that only come out for this season. But the little traditions that we all have are the most important parts of the holiday season! In my family, we put up 10 trees; why you may ask? Well everyone has their own taste; so everyone gets a tree and decorates it however they want, but that’s not what we’re here to do today!

Let me help you guys prepare for Christmas in 3 EASY steps:

1. Decorations – help set the mood, bring the holiday cheers into the open. Lights, trees, ornaments, and nick-knacks; quite beautiful in their time.2. Holiday drinks – Starbucks has been a big contributor to this part. Their seasonal drinks get people excited for Christmas (even if they don’t decorate). They have Peppermint Mocha, White Chocolate Mocha, Caramel Brulée Latte, Chestnut Parline Latte and, of course, the one you just cannot forget… the Eggnog Latte. These drinks bring fourth a sort of Christmas magic to the soul if you ask me.3. Songs – Ok, I know that not even the Grinch can tell me that Christmas songs are not the best sound to anyone’s ears. Something about their upbeat music and merry lyrics just makes people want to sing along with a big smile on their face, with a onesie on and some hot chocolate. Songs like, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Here Comes Santa Claus, Feliz Navidad, Silent Night, Santa Claus is Coming To Town all of these are the faces of the Christmas Holiday itself. This is necessary trust me!!Just like that not much is needed to get you started. Only your old and always useful traditional songs can bring that Christmas magic into your souls. But first thing is first go get an ugly sweater and embrace it. Trust me its tradition and fun!!!

Pearl Luciano

Pace Pleasantville '22

Hi I’m Pearl Luciano. I am a political science major. I like sports and reading.