How to Find your Sun. Rising, and Moon Sign and What They All Mean

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

If you are like most people, you only know your sun sign, or more commonly known as, your zodiac sign. There is so much more to astrology than your zodiac sign, and a daily horoscope. Your sun, rising, and moon sign is what actually makes up your traits, characteristics and personality. The position of the stars and planets the moment a person is born create their natal chart. It is from this alignment that astrologists draw your Sun, Moon, and Rising signs. So this all might sound crazy, but there are three main signs that everyone should know, because they make up everything about you!

Rising Sign: represents the way others see you, your general impression on people, and your spontaneous reactions.

Sun Sign: dictates your zodiac personality.

Moon Sign: represents your emotions, your inner mood, basically all of your emotions and how you truly feel.

If you know where, when and what time you were born, well you can find out all your signs. Here is a link to a rising sign calculator, and it will show you your three signs. https://www.astrosofa.com/horoscope/ascendant

My rising sign is a Cancer, my sun sign is an Aquarius, and my moon is Sagittarius. I can relate to my signs in every way. For people who are not into astrology, Cancers are known to be sensitive (how people see me) Aquarians are known for being stubborn and independent (how I truly am) and Sagittarius’ are known for enjoying alone time, yet love to be spontaneous (my inner self.) In my everyday life, I am constantly referring to my signs with how I connect with people and how I am always thinking.

I feel that having a decent amount of knowledge on all of my signs helps me in my everyday life, because I find them freakishly accurate. By knowing your main three signs, it can help you truly understand yourself, while learning who your compatible with. Take the quiz and find out if this truly identifies you!

Nicole Cancel

Pace Pleasantville '21

Nicole is a sophomore Public Relations major, and minoring in Fashion Marketing at Pace University. In her spare time she enjoys binge watching shows on Netflix, attending concerts, and napping in between every class.