This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

Hey Freshmen… what’s the deal? 

You guys do realize there is this thing known as “taking it slow”. I get it, we all just started college. We all found our new freedoms and are exploring our options. However, this does not include losing touch of our rational side. We’ve been in school for about two weeks now and so far… we are wild. Lets take it easy, lets focus on our goals and ambitions first and then reward ourselves with parties, drinks, and love. You have the next four years to discover who you will shape yourself to be. Don’t create a bad reputation now, better yet start building a good one. Start networking so that you can have connections in the outside world to help you advance in life. 

But trust me when I tell you that I get it. I am a freshman myself. I know what it is like to find a new freedom and want to explore the entire world in a matter of hours. I know the feeling of wanting to be treated as an adult, even though I literally just entered this world. We are all new to this, we do not know what awaits for us. So just a little advice, cut back on the parties and focus more on what will help you be someone in the actual world.

Parties will always be there. So don’t stress it, just cause you miss a couple of them doesn’t mean that you will be labeled as a loner. You’re just planning your future. Whether you want to be the first NFL draft of Pace, the next president, or the next big thing. Start shaping yourself now and make yourself known through parties here and there, I mean come on those at the top know how to party! 

But reasonably:

Pearl Luciano

Pace Pleasantville '22

Hi I’m Pearl Luciano. I am a political science major. I like sports and reading.