This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

As someone born and raised in Masachusetts, where the Patriots are considered gods amoung men, moving to New York made me realize how many people hate the Patriots. As I put on my Patriots sweatshirt Sunday afternoon, making my way to my sorority’s annual super bowl party, I knew there would be weird looks and nasty comments made towards me, but I didn’t care. I grew up in Massachusetts, and I’m proud of my team. Although the Super Bowl was a generally boring game, being able to leave that party with a smile on my face and a winning team was all worth it. Going away to college can change a lot about a person, especially if you change states, but I always tell people to keep their roots close because the way you were raised is so important to who you are as a person. Whether it is simply supporting your home sports team, or maintaining traditions from your home culture, it’s all important to me. Here are five feelings I felt being a Pats fan at a New York dominated Super Bowl party:

1. When you walk in wearing your home gear and get THE LOOK:

Confused Uh Oh GIF by ESPN

2. When the Patriots make a good play, and you do a little happy dance to yourself: 

Happy I See You GIF by Bounce

3. Trying to sit quietly as everyone arounds you talks badly about your husband Tom Brady: 

The Oc Bite Tongue GIF

​4. Stuffing your face with food in anticipation through the last few minutes of the game:

Hailee Steinfeld Cake GIF by Apple TV

5. Leaving the party knowing your home team pulled through: 

Schitts Creek Applause GIF by CBC
Emily serves as Associate of Campus Community & Marketing here at Her Campus. She graduated from Pace University in 2020 with a degree in Communications. Emily served as a Campus Correspondent at Pace University, was a former intern for Her Campus' InfluenceHer Collective and was a part of Campus Trendsetters. In her spare time you can find her crafting, going to art museums and listening to Taylor Swift.