This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

If you thought relationships in high school were filled with drama and stress, you’re in for a rude awakening!

Stepping into college is really a whole adventure because there’s so many new people you’re meeting and creating all of these new relationships.. and you never know what can come out of it. Many people don’t realize that some people are in relationships already when they come to college or that some people are just looking for sex and nothing more. 

When I came into college, I was in a new relationship. I thought that it would be a little hard, but my boyfriend and I could handle anything. Nope, I was wrong. We broke up after about a month into college.. just because of the simple fact that I was in a new surrounding, trying to figure out myself. I’m not saying that every relationship will end like that, but in my case, I was not prepared for how much my life would change. 

In college, no one is ever really in their room doing nothing; There is always something to do and people to see, so that is how so many relationships come about. If you see a person so often, you can catch feelings easily and things can move a lot quicker than usual. Also, a lot of colleges are very small which also means that many people may be in your business. So if you’re making that step to try things out with a person, you have to be very careful about who you tell things to.

Every situation is different: There are people who find the person they’re going to marry in college. Then, there are people that are with a person that lives in their hometown or there’s even the people that realize that they don’t want to be in a relationship for a long time. 

In conclusion, college is a scary place to start a relationship. However, everything happens for a reason. You just have to have an open mind about a lot of things because it could be you dealing with all of this drama next. 

Giselle Morales

Pace Pleasantville '22

My name is Giselle Morales and im currently a sophmore, Im a english mayor at Pace Plesantville. I am a resident of Brooklyn, New York. On my free time, I usually enjoy sleeping, hanging out with friends,and watching netflix. I am looking foward to being more involved on campus and just creating stronger bonds with people in my life.