freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Date Ideas for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

Valentine’s Day is the most romantic day of the year.  If you are sharing it with that special someone, but you have absolutely no plans or fun ideas, here are a few for you! (a.k.a not just roses and dinner) Depending on what you share interests in, use them to your advantage, and be as creative as possible. Enjoy the day, don’t get too overwhelmed, make the day with your significant other as special as possible.

Movie Marathon

Sometimes you don’t need to go out to have a good time. My personal opinion is, being home enjoying the company from that special someone is all I really need. If you enjoy being homebodies, this is the perfect date for you. Pick out your favorite movies, order take out or cook your favorite dinner, and enjoy a cozy night in.

Play Hookey

Take the entire day off, and just stay at home and spend the entire day with each other. Take off the day from work, or school, and just enjoy each other’s company all day long. Breakfast in bed, pajamas all day, and take out food for dinner. Probably not the best advice for students, but it’s Valentine’s Day!

Concert

If you enjoy the same music, a concert is the best way to go. Not only would concert tickets be a perfect gift, but it is an amazing way to spend Valentine’s Day. To make the entire night an event, go out to dinner, have a great time at the concert, and even end the night with ice cream. If you are 21 and up, get to the concert early, grab a drink, and enjoy the night with your loved one.

Book a Hotel

Book a hotel, that’s free from roommates, dirty laundry, and paper thin walls. Its a nice way to show your significant other you are giving them your full attnetion, and it is only you two, and no interuptions. This can be used as a short little getaway, and you can take advantage of room service the entire time, no cooking or eating out! This is a cute and romantic Valentine’s Day date, either as a little trip, or a hotel 20 minutes away.

Beach Night

Depending where you live, watching the sunset on the beach on Valentine’s Day, it doesn’t get more romantic than that. So grab a blanket, some food in a basket, and your special someone, and you have a cute date that took not a lot of effort. This is a date that can last for hours, which is a perfect way to either start, or end your day. Enjoy the beach, the stars and your favorite person.

Treasure Hunt

This idea can be simple, or completely over the top. You can make this as creative as you want, and as mushy as you want. Make it all over the house, or wherever you want, but your hard work and creativity will be appreciated! It will require a lot of work, but it will all be worth it in the end, so enjoy the process!

Nicole Cancel

Pace Pleasantville '21

Nicole is a sophomore Public Relations major, and minoring in Fashion Marketing at Pace University. In her spare time she enjoys binge watching shows on Netflix, attending concerts, and napping in between every class.